Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Higher front end
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Changed frame and have a shorter headtube and now need to raise my bars a little – 20 maybe 30mm or so to get them where I like them . I have a long steerer.

I could run more spacers under stem but would end up having a good 4cm of spacers which seems odd.

Could run a stem with some rise.

Could go for high rise bars.

I think changing bars and taking a CM of so off the steerer is the neatest and cheapest solution.

Any thoughts?

takisawa2

Buy an adjustable stem and play around with different settings.

mildred

I’ve got some 50mm rise spike spank 777 (cut down to 755) bars doing nothing if you want to try these as a cheap option. I bought them for the self-same reason you quote, & found them a revelation (my 1st foray into wide bars too). I’ve now sold the frame they were on, so don’t have a need for them. Email me if you’re interested. Only about 3 months use.

james
    Free Member

Be wary of greater stem rise angles and stem length, you can easily cramp your cockpit (and climbing position) without realising it

Specialized do adjustable stems, the 8-16deg one might be useful, but can be difficult to use unless right on the end of the steerer tube because of the angled steerer tube inserts

I’d reckon higher rise bars

slowrider
    Free Member

A low front end isn’t a bad thing at all, give it chance. I’d be wary of taking a steerer down below 200mm for resale reasons.

granny_ring

A combination of all three?

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

I had a Maxxis 2.25 Advantage tyre on the front and changed for Ardent 2.4, this lifted the front end 1cm.

joolsburger
    Free Member

thanks im going to try higher bars thanks for the offer but already sorted!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Higher front end’ is closed to new replies.