Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • High5 .v. SISGo (High5 ‘better’ for you?)
  • hora
    Free Member

I always suffer post-ride when I’ve used SISGo. Any views on both etc?

cxi
    Free Member

Horses for courses. Here’s a comment from a mate that did the Dyfi:

“Also pleased as i used sis today instead of high5 and it was the first event when i’ve not felt ill afterwards”

Pricey8
    Free Member

Check out Torq its all natural so non of the nasty chemicals they put in SIS (which is probably giving you the bad stomach) it also uses a blend of carbohydrate which has been proven to increase carbohydrate uptake and tastes good too. Check out the website.http://www.torq.ltd.uk/default.asp

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hora
    Free Member

I have used Torq before (and like it)- When Ive used SISGo it feels like I am cheating (boundless energy) and thats mixing UNDER the recommended dose. Then yes…for two days after my stomach etc are ‘different’

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Snake oil.

Unless you are an elite athlete you will do as well with proper normal food and drink

Check the ingredients of these products – its all too easy to think you are getting the right stuff but some have no sodium in them and some just rely on glucose giving rise to “sugar crashes” very easy to end up with not enough or too much sodium

Rod

Torq stuff works best for me – mixed at the recommended strength (could never do that with SIS stuff as it tastes too horrid and strong). Only tried High 5 once and it turned my stomach…

Shandy
    Free Member

TandemJeremy doesn’t use sports drinks then.

I have been using the High5 4:1 for a couple of weeks, no problems with it although it seems lower in salt than some drinks I’ve used. SISGo made me feel peculiar.

cp

yep, SIS GO and PSP22 makes me feel sick and nauseous.

Decathlon own brand, High 5, Maxim: all OK with my stomach!

If i’m doing a ride over 2hours ish or pretty much any event, I use energy drink. It makes a difference to me.

votchy
    Free Member

High 5 Isotonic here, don’t dehydrate and I sweat like a bull and enough carbs to keep me going and maintain a constant’ish blood sugar level (Type 1 Diabetes) and no ill effects on the stomach front

Paceman
    Free Member

Nuun or Zyme for me to keep hydrated, get my energy from food. Had no problems post ride.

elliptic
    Free Member

I’ve used High 5 for years for long mountaineering days as well as riding – usually mixed at 50% of what it says on the tub. Plus flapjacks / fig rolls etc. No side effects…

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I really like High5. Can use it right through a 24hr race with no stomach problems.
    Usually use 4:1, but in shorter races like the Dyfi I use Energy Source. Get on with both fine.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘High5 .v. SISGo (High5 ‘better’ for you?)’ is closed to new replies.