Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • High Street – dry or boggy at the moment?
  • ahsat

Anyone done High Street recently and know what state its in? I did it a few years ago and really enjoyed it but know it can be boggy. Forecast for tomorrow excellent so its an option. Otherwise will probably do Skiddaw.

Cheers

d45yth
    Free Member

Skiddaw could be your best option…we’ve had some pile of rain this last week.

Edit: As long as you are meaning Skiddaw itself, not the back of.

ahsat

Ah sorry, yes some sort of back of loop

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    boxelder

It’ll be very soft and boggy.
    Personally, I wouldn’t. Are you desperate to reach a summit, cos skiddaw will be covered with walkers.

ahsat

No just wanted a good ride. Done Borrowdale Bash today and it was ok but not as good as some of the stuff S and W of Ambleside. I did High Street before without the other half and it was good and the forecast is for very clear weather tomorrow so thought views would be good. Back of Skiddaw is an idea (we are staying in Keswick) but done that quite a few times.

stufive
    Free Member

Highstreet will be a bit boggy IMO what about Helvellyn? plenty of route options

stufive
    Free Member

Actualy scrap that the tops will be heaving with walkers on a day like today 🙄

ahsat

Aye that’s what i was thinking hence not suggesting that one. We can’t make our mind up. Might end up being Loughrigg or just risking High Street. Not sure we can be bothered with Skiddaw again.

D0NK

Done Borrowdale Bash today and it was ok but not as good as some of the stuff S and W of Ambleside.

which stuff s and w of Ambleside? Either our tastes differ a lot or I’ve been needlessly driving an extra few junctions on the m6

Serious question btw, BB is one of my fave rides but a PITA to get to

ahsat

Just all the lanes round Loughrigg, Iron Keld, Grizedale (not really the built stuff) and Parkamoor. They aren’t really ‘go anywhere’ rides but just really fun.

BB is actually quite good for us from Newcastle but we had never got round to it before.

D0NK

Differing tastes then, those are good trails but prefer BB, maybe it’s just cause I ride Ambleside a fair bit and Keswick occasionally, familiarity and all that.

ahsat

Fair enuf DONK. Maybe we were just having one of those days but BB didn’t seem to flow. Decided to take advice and avoid High Street till dry or frozen. Doing Loughrigg etc. Skiddaw 44km with a ride in our legs and not the best night sleep seemed a little much today.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘High Street – dry or boggy at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts