Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • High Rollers – Keep on getting an itch to go back to them.
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say im a serial tyre swapper but i’ll tend to run tyres for summer/autumn then different for winter/spring, giving a different combo a go each time round.

I’ve tried –

Nics – Nice and fast, gripper then expected, work just fine most of the time, excellet braking

Hans dampf – Bit like a nic but beefier casing, really good on hardpack, substantial casing makes burping a non issue and inspires confidence whe cornering hard.

Minion – Pretty grippy, fast enough, braking not amazing on rear. get out of their limits quite quick in any wetter situations.

High roller – Seem from memory pretty consistently grippy, but when you manipulate them to grip, they grip better than anything else, also find this trait can be used to excellent effect in the wet, grippiest non mud tyre maybe.

Conti Baron – Lots of grip all of the time, even in filthy conditions. A bit slow, tubeless is inconsistent, hold air fine for weeks, then goes theough a phase of losing air overnight.

HR II – Grippy all the time, lots of burping issue though. Slow.

The question really is i gusee since it’s getting to wet time of year is whether to just stick the barons i have in my garage back on or to go HRS again.

Just want a set of tyres on the 6″ bike, that gets used as a mountain bike, ie rides in big hills, trail centres, uplift days in the wetter season we’re going into. So a tyre that rolls ok, i’ll accept not being amazing in the wet, just grips when i really need to, whick is a HR, right?

hot_fiat

HRs are awesome. They are a bit slow though on the ups. Have you tried ignitors? Used to be my summer tyre but following a bout of distinct laziness last autumn they weren’t off the bike all winter. Found them to be grippy and predictable in everything.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ardent if your game in the wet, rate it way above nobby nics of death.

Only ever liked HR’s in dust or rocks, for everything else there are minions.

ransos
    Free Member

They gave me a lot of problems with pinch punctures.

jam-bo

which is a HR, right?

try an advantage. my favorite allround tyre.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Advantage here. Used to be Highroller but much prefer these. Have to run the front at 30 psi at gisburn in the dry as it slips.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I always found HR’s worked best in dual ply supertacky guise pointing downhill. As a ‘trail’ tyre they were distinctly average.

Not tried a HR2, and would probably use HR’s again if they happened to be cheep.

chakaping
    Free Member

Did you consider the On One Chunky Monkey?

deanfbm
    Free Member

Evening people, any thoughts?

Cant do single ply folders, run into burping issues.

chiefgrooveguru

Have you tried running wider rims to stop the burping?

eskay

Have you tried ignitors? Used to be my summer tyre but following a bout of distinct laziness last autumn they weren’t off the bike all winter. Found them to be grippy and predictable in everything.

+1 My favourite tyres.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘High Rollers – Keep on getting an itch to go back to them.’ is closed to new replies.