Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • High Roller 2 29er launch? Beefier Crossmark recommendations?
  • dexterbexley
    Free Member

Anyone know when the High Roller 2 29ers will be launched in the UK?

Also, I currently run a 2.1 rear crossmark on my Prime and it is great but I want a grippier circa 2.1 inch rear tyre with beefier sidewalls – any recommendations. Must be relatively small volume pls.

stufield
    Free Member

Kenda Nevegal’s until high rollers launch

Ardent rear

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Hate my front ardent when it anything more than bone dry, hence the move to HR2s. Are ardents better when used on the back?

m_t_b
    Free Member

Yes ardent on back is great

cx_monkey

Stock is apparently landing early June for the High Roller 2 29 x 2.3. Apparently, you should also be able to pre-order them on

http://www.maxxis-bicycle.co.uk

But they’re not on there yet – Minion 29 is though! They say they’ll be on the website in a week to pre-order.

Gotama
    Free Member

Whilst never being a lover of the original high roller i am tempted to try one of these in 3C. Struggling to get past the 2.3 purgatory at the moment though.

dexterbexley
    Free Member

2.5″ Minion would be overkill right…?

Link

Clobber
    Free Member

Love the on-one chunkymonkey on the front….

IA

On-one smorgasbord 2.25? Cheap too so no great loss if you don’t get on.

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Chunky monkey or smorgasbord for front (on a Banshee Prime) to give a gripper edge than ardent and work on wet roots without needing to change my pants?

whippersnapper
    Free Member

stick with the Ardent and don’t wear pants? There, saved you a bob or two.

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Thanks Sam, always with the ‘no pants’ the option. Any other on-one tyre reviews?

IA

I find the SB/CM combo good round brizzle stuff (lots of roots!) and particularly good on trail centre and rocky stuff.

It’s less optimal on soft ground/mud etc. They’re “fine” on that sort of ground. Not bad, but not good. Just fine. Which is fine by me.

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Might hold out for a few more weeks for a HR2 although still tempted by a Minion/ardent combo.

senorj

kenda slant six fits your description of a beefier crossmark imo.
    next day tyres had the clown size in stock last week…… 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

dexterbexley – Member

Any other on-one tyre reviews?

they’re great.

smorgasboards are big enough, grippy enough, sturdy enough, fast enough, and light enough.

chunkymonkeys are a bit more chunky.

even i find them easy to set-up (and stay-up, and work well) tubeless, and they cost £12.50

Northwind

There’s a Butcher Control 29er and I think a Purg 29er on the way but not sure if it’ll be released standalone, specialized are a bit funny about this, took ages to get the 26 inch ones over here.

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Anyone know when/if Butcher 29er tyre will hit these shores? That and an ardent/purg rear sounds pretty good to me.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘High Roller 2 29er launch? Beefier Crossmark recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.