Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • High Altitude (the BBC show)
  • GrahamS

Anyone been watching this?

I quite like the concept of the show, but the editing is rubbish.

I get the feeling that they originally shot it as a collection of five or ten minute segments for Ski Sunday and then they had to pad it out to two randomly stuck together 15 minute segments when they made it into its own show.

sofatester
    Free Member

I think you might be right, still good viewing though.

Helps fend off the “f##k it’s monday tomorrow” feelings.

GrahamS

The Tyrolean crossing in New Zealand should have been dramatic and given us a sense of how high and scary it was – but most of the footage was rubbish and it just looked like hard work.

Likewise the descent down the Grand Coulior and the off-piste in Zermatt both looked spectacular, but we only got a few seconds of each.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I caught a bit of it but heard the word EXTREME !oo! once too many times, so switched off 🙂

wildrnes
    Free Member

tyrolean was SH1T
    they made it much more difficult than it need be, looks like a load of bloody amateurs

glenh
    Free Member

As opposed to professional tyrolean traversers?

GrahamS

I think they said they were the most experienced tyrolean guys in New Zealand.

I suspect if they got the most experienced tyrolean guys in the Tyrol then they may have had more luck 🙂

IHN

It was a bit tenous as well. They didn’t need to do the traverse, the chopper could have just dropped them on the other side.

All in all, it’s a bit sh1t. Gave it a go last week and last night, shan’t be watching any more.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Its trying to show a good thing IMO, just how fantastic mountains are, but I do think it doesnt always get it across very well.

It was funny watching Graham ski down the slope after rope work bit. The snow boarder guy just blasted down, but Graham was strugling. Strangely off piste he’s not that good as his technique is all power and brute force without much finesse. On piste though that brute force makes him bloody difficult to keep up with!

GrahamS

To be fair, Ed Leigh (the snowboard bloke) is pretty handy on a board.

Trivia: Ed used to be the manager of Noah’s Ark.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘High Altitude (the BBC show)’ is closed to new replies.