Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • hifi bluetooth receivers
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ok so I know audio through BT is generally pretty bad but I’m after one to plug into the amp in the kitchen via phono. I’ve got a Chromecast on the TV so logic would say the Chromecast Audio will do the job but is there anything else out there worth considering? Just to stream audio from my phone or the laptop so doesn’t need to be What HIFI rated billion pound acoustics. Is the wee Logitech one any good? $40 seems to tick boxes.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I have the Logitech one. Sometimes it’s fine, sometimes it is quite intermittent. I think it’s to do with interference between wifi and bluetooth. It’s just about good enough to stick with but not ideal. Seems to vary depending on which device is connected – we have two laptops, and one seems to work much better than the other.

toby1

I have 3 Chromecast Audios at home and rate them highly, benefits from not needing to be bluetooth so you can hook up the iplayer radio app for example and wander around at the phone doesn’t need to stay in bluetooth range.

This is based on getting an Amazon bluetooth adaptor first and hating it, constant drop outs and disconnects.

There was the one flaw with the Chromecast that killed BT broadband that was well documented on here, beyond that though they work really really well.

traildog
    Free Member

Drop outs and sounds terrible. I will sound like a snob, but the bluetooth and hi-fi should not go anywhere near each other.
    For the kitchen, I go old school and plug a cable between the phone and the amplifier. More modern alternatives are available, but bluetooth audio is horrible.

crashbanggg
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Bluetooth-Receiver-Audio-Adapter/dp/B00IJYG4FY seems pretty good to me, connects automatically all the time, never had any issues with it. Remains connected even when I’m two floors down in the kitchen, which seems impressive! All my music is through Spotify so I suspect I’m not in any position to critique sound quality, but sounds good to me nonetheless.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I use this grid Bluetooth receiver to send music from phone to car hifi, works well, never dropped out.

Edit: after reading the above post the Grid doesn’t like the phone being to far away from it, certainly less than the standard 10 metres which isn’t an issue for me but it might be for you.

hatter

Drop outs and sounds terrible. I will sound like a snob, but the bluetooth and hi-fi should not go anywhere near each other.

Whilst I’d agree in general, a decent receiver and DAC like an Arcam miniblink, coupled with an APT-X compatible device (Most Samsungs for instance) and decent res files are more than acceptable quality wise.

I’m a vinyl snob by preference but this set up works perfectly well in a pinch.

petec
    Free Member

i have one of these; very small, does the job, me and my cloth ears can’t tell the difference.

Plugged into the Aux socket

cannyj
    Free Member

I have one of those Jongo adapters, works really well and can be controlled from the Pure app too. Integrates with the rest of the Jongo speakers

craigxxl
    Free Member

I use one of these in the garage. It’s able to reach my iphone from the end of the drive over 10 meters away. I use Allcast app to stream my NAS drive for any content that isn’t on my phone. No problem with sound quality either.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CZVCYU0

DezB
    Free Member

Drop outs and sounds terrible

I’m gonna blind-test a mate later – CD, vinyl and Bluetooth via Chromecast Audio – see if he can tell. Never had drop-outs.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Got the Logitech one. $48 here. Piece of pss to set up. Now got the laptop set up and Essential Mix on in the kitchen. Lovely Saturday morning!

Cheers all.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Use a £25 logitech one for years. No issues. Perfect with my Harmon kardon soundsticks in the kitchen.

They’re now connected to a sonos Connect so I don’t need the Bluetooth thing, £10? Posted.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Already bought one chap, thanks though. Plus, postage to Oz would be more than it’s worth. Good bit of kit.

Now rocking a 5.1 Sony amp (albeit with 2 Mission m30i’s and a Sony sub) in the kitchen / dining room. Can’t beat a bit of choonage while you’re cooking up a storm!

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

I’ve got a chromecast in the kitchen linked to an arcam amp and some monitor audio speakers.

Does the job a treat, sound quality is fine for a second room set up.

el_boufador

From experience, Chromecast audio beats Bluetooth for both usability and sound quality.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Chromecast audio was $20 more and tbh real world when streaming internet radio for the most part (not FLAC audio etc) and having the speakers up on top of a shelf out of reach of kids, its not going to be noticeable. More than happy with the Logitech unit. Does what I want and seems to work well.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m gonna blind-test a mate later – CD, vinyl and Bluetooth via Chromecast Audio

Did this. He got it right comparing CD to Chromecasted. But thought vinyl v Bluetooth was round the other way. Wasn’t played loud, (I have neighbours) but the difference was negligible enough to say “sounds terrible” is nonsense.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Maybe on a 10k system with isopats and platinum cables, but for the average Joe streaming a bit if t’internet radio there really isn’t much in it (other than being 20 bucks better off in my case!)

DezB
    Free Member

Maybe on a 10k system with isopats and platinum cables

Ah, but they’d never let you do a blind test.. in case they got it wrong 😆

aphex_2k
    Free Member

V true mate

Cougar

thought vinyl v Bluetooth was round the other way. Wasn’t played loud, (I have neighbours) but the difference was negligible enough to say “sounds terrible” is nonsense.

It it’s indistinguishable from vinyl then the Bluetooth sound quality must be even worse that I thought.

DezB
    Free Member

He’s a right laff, that Cougar fella

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Cougar’s record player…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘hifi bluetooth receivers’ is closed to new replies.