Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • Hibernian FC
  • ratherbeintobago

guess who I support

Morton is clearly the choice of any right thinking person, and so far as I have a team, they are it.

DOI grew up near the Watt College.

cobrakai

Away the nock.

martinhutch

Do you like cabbages?

And getting caught in the rain?

white101

That Morton Aberdeen game will stick long in my memory, think it was Billy Dodds who scored a hat trick for the Dons. The singing from the fans was brutal. The Morton fans mentioned more than once the inter relationship with sheep and lack of a father in a particular tune that lasted something like 120mins.

Pigface
    Free Member

Sorry it’s Arbroath whose ground is right by the sea.

scotroutes

Sorry it’s Arbroath whose ground is right by the sea.

And Inverness

white101

Dumbarton also have a watery view

RustySpanner

Pigface

Joshvegas yes I could, been to Montrose’s ground, must be brutal playing there in a winter gale, Brechin City is not a city 😂

Went to see Montrose years ago with a few mates – 168 in the crowd against Queens Park, I think?
    Guy on the turnstiles let us pop out to the social club for a few pints at half time. 🙂 It was ace.

The visiting goalie was called Gary and we heckled him unmercifully for the entire second half, man was he pissed off.

Bloody marvelous.

So yeah, Montrose. Still got a scarf somewhere….🙂

white101

I remember watching a linesman at Falkirk run up and down for 35 mins with steak pie bits all over his back for flagging a Partick goal as offside, boy he got shit for the rest of the game. He was about 3 feet from the fans in the stand.

Whilst quality might have been questionable the day out was always fun. That was enough for me

ratherbeintobago

Sorry it’s Arbroath whose ground is right by the sea

Cappielow might as well be (possibly apocryphal rumour had it that they couldn’t fit under soil heating as it flooded at high tide when it was raining).

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

East Fife too. Bayview Stadium.

kennyp
    Free Member

Morton is clearly the choice of any right thinking person, and so far as I have a team, they are it.

DOI grew up near the Watt College.

Well said that man!

kennyp
    Free Member

Cappielow might as well be (possibly apocryphal rumour had it that they couldn’t fit under soil heating as it flooded at high tide when it was raining).

Sadly yes it is apocryphal but still a good story (and quite plausible given the climate over there) so what the hell, let’s call it true!

kennyp
    Free Member

Fun Morton fact. Cappielow is one of the very few remaining stadiums that still has a wooden main stand.

pacerc200
    Free Member

Second fun fact about Morton Gourock boy scored against them on the day their local rivals were presented with the championship trophy 😜

kennyp
    Free Member

Pacer, who and when was that? And answer without mentioning the unmentionables!!!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Pigface
    Any reason not to pick Hibs as my Scottish team,

“Hibs’d it” is a thing. 😆 Consider your choice carefully.

pacerc200
    Free Member

Lewis Morgan April 2018, by then a Celtic player loaned back to St Mirren then followed Jack Ross, now Hibs manager, to Sunderland on loan. Thankfully I got the relevance back to hibs

seosamh77
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge
    Never understood having a team from another country, I’d rather go watch the juniors than the EPL tbh.

Me too, been to a few, good laugh. Though the juniors isn’t really a thing anymore, they’ve all resigned and joined the league en masse, so fully integrated into the pyramid when things start back up. Tempted to pick a team at that level myself and take a passing interest, see how it develops.

Think the junior cup with remain a thing.

Pauly

Great to see so many fellow Links Park DynaMO fans!

ratherbeintobago

Went to see Montrose years ago with a few mates – 168 in the crowd against Queens Park, I think?

One of my friends from uni followed Dumbarton. During their famed run of being bottom of three different divisions in three seasons, he reckoned he saw them away to Queen’s Park. In Hampden. With a crowd of about 150.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Think the junior cup with remain a thing.

Aye, aw the Ayrshire teams have bizarrely chosen to stay junior, i think they just want to keep it to themselves, basically guaranteeing the the Talbot will win the junior cup every year 😆

epicyclo

We’re doing this wrong.

Close down all the football grounds, all games to be played on waste ground with no policing or referees. Then it would be proper fitba. There may be the odd riot…

Now why would this be a good idea?

Just think of all those lovingly maintained grass pitches going to waste now, but we have a solution.

Yes, they would make lovely grass velodromes for the re-introduction of grass track racing. The bookies will love it. 🙂

Otherwise support Ross County, decent lads.

Marin
    Free Member

Scotland has football teams?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yes, and they used to be pretty good. First British winners of the European Cup, but you’ll know that already. Top English sides were packed with Scots in the past.

epicyclo

Marin
    Scotland has football teams?

Only above the Highland line.*

Below that it has sectarian bigot clubs who hate each other because of what happened in Ireland 300 years ago. They use football as an excuse. They are a pox on Scotland.

*Asterix denotes TIC.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Any reason not to pick Hibs as my Scottish team

The Proclaimers aren’t enough?

Fling in a bit of bigotry for good measure.

Aye, aw the Ayrshire teams have bizarrely chosen to stay junior

Largs never, we’ll see how long that lasts.

seosamh77
    Free Member

epicyclo
    Subscriber

Below that it has sectarian bigot clubs who hate each other because of what happened in Ireland 300 years ago. They use football as an excuse. They are a pox on Scotland.

Gies peace ya gimp. Notice how it’s only youse that aren’t really interested in fitba bringing it up and ruining the thread…..

I also nearly spat out my cornflakes at the suggestion here that captain oppressed thinks it’s odd that people identify with a bit of history. FFS, a bit of self awarness puuuulleeezze! 😆

Also, yer derision of everything below the highland boundary is basically a sectarian comment btw. 😆

Futureboy77

Celtic/The Rangers – two cheeks of the same arse.

Hibs/Hearts – diet versions of the same thing.

Oh, and Hibs always Hibs it!

epicyclo

seosamh77
    Gies peace ya gimp….

Celtic or Rangers? 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

So what shoulder do you boys carry that chip on, left or right?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Interesting thread drift.

squirrelking
    Free Member

So what shoulder do you boys carry that chip on, left or right?

Depends, whit school did ye go tae?

Anyway, I still think the Proclaimers thing is less forgivable than any bigotry, at least the latter has the excuse of having been ingrained for generations beforehand.

moonsaballoon

I moved to Scotland 20 years ago and despite being fairly into my football i have never been able to get that link with a club , been to a few Saint Mirren games and a couple of thistle games .

Got two young boys now and in nearly everything i hope to let them choose their own paths but no chance they are supporting the old firm , along with all the bigotry i just dont see how being a Celtic fan can be fun at the moment , there is no jeopardy . you turn up every week and if you dont win 3 nil your disappointed .

From what i see from the guys at work the Killmarnock   fans seem to have the most fun with it .

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Never knew that about Largs SK.

Oh, I love the proclaimers btw, phenomenal songwriters.

seosamh77
    Free Member

moonsaballoon
    Subscribe

From what i see from the guys at work the Killmarnock fans seem to have the most fun with it .

What, all 3 or them? 😆 Magine it’s a hoot.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, the highbury library has nothing on Rugby park!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge
    Aye, the highbury library

😆

squirrelking
    Free Member

Oh, I love the proclaimers btw, phenomenal songwriters.

My condolences. You do know absence of taste is a cornoa symptom?

😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lol! You couldnae spell corona 😂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Hibernian FC’ is closed to new replies.