Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Hibernian FC
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Any reason not to pick Hibs as my Scottish team, stayed in Leith a few times. Will only be a plastic faraway fan but like having teams to check on. Also the fans singing Sunshine on Leith is pretty special.

I should also say I find the pantomime of Scottish football very amusing.

joshvegas
    Free Member

You can go lower than that surely. How about Stenhousemuir or cowdenbeath etc.

oldtennisshoes

Do you like cabbages?

tjagain

Sectarianism? Having said that they are my team as much as I have one and not as bad as some.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

They’re every bit as bad as the two in Glasgow TJ.

skink2020

Dumbarton football club will fulfill all your disappointment needs. I assure you.

Pigface
    Free Member

Can you escape sectarianism in Scotland? I was astonished how it subtly weedled into so many things.

Pigface
    Free Member

Joshvegas yes I could, been to Montrose’s ground, must be brutal playing there in a winter gale, Brechin City is not a city 😂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They can be your Scottish team Piggie. They’re “mine” but really, it’s because of the song. I’m eagerly awaiting the restart of the Chilean league so I can keep up with how Huachipato FC are doing. 😂

baddddad
    Free Member

Yep this alone is good enough reason
    Scottish Cup Final 2016

perchypanther
    Free Member

Is it a requirement to have a Scottish team?

I don’t have one even though I can see Fir Park out of my window.

‘Mon the Mighty Dossers fae the Shire!*

* Don’t know if i’m doing this right. It’s my first time.

Pigface
    Free Member

DD that’s sealed it then, cheers x x

scandal42
    Free Member

Brechin City is not a city 😂

That’s my Scottish team, other half is from there.

ogden
    Free Member

Surely its got to be Fort William FC on here?

fatoldgit

Stirling Albion

For me because it was the first team I watched on a regular basis , due to livng in Dunblane from late 1969 to May 1972 ( I had been to Elland Road a couple of time prior and they are my main team , M O T )

2 reasons it should be yours

1/ They are now a ” Fan Owned ” club and the fans recently raised £30,000 to help them through the corona virus situation.
    and

2/ There is a Team called the Gambinos in ( surprisingly enough ) the Gambia who sponsored by a fan and who wear old Bino kits.

Plus

They will never …. ever amount to much and as such any success will be a very pleasant surprise

kilo

perchypanther

Is it a requirement to have a Scottish team?

Yes, that’s why I follow the mighty Lochgelly United FC. Going through a bit of a lean patch at the moment but Come on the Happylanders!

StirlingCrispin

OP: Edinburgh City.

FatOldGit – agree completely.

C’mon the Binos!!!

(Many happy memories of watching the Binos in recent years as my sons “worked” as ball boys. Have never forgiven Chris Smith for signing my youngest’s goalkeeping gloves: they immediately got retired to the shelf of honour and I had to buy him a new pair.
    H still plays for the Young Reds – he’s the enforcer in the centre of defence for the 2008s.)

andy4d

Go for my team, Alloa. Best part time team in Scotland. Always full of squeaky bum times trying to avoid relegation from championship. We finished third bottom last year….our best ever and avoided the usual relegation playoff.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I am a life long football fan (Hull City). I have supported the same team all my life after my dad took me to my first game aged 2 or 3. When living in different parts of the country or through other family I have picked up a number of teams that I always check the scores (Carlisle Utd, Villa, Wrexham, Morecambe, Berwick Rangers). All apart from Berwick have been my local team at some point and I went to games when I could. A trip to see Hull would always have been a preference. As a result I don’t understand how people can just pick a team that they don’t have a link to the area or club.

If you are wanting a Scottish team then pick a random lower league team or somewhere you have been on holiday. The SPL is dull with not much to play for unless you follow Celtic. The lower league teams have some interesting results throughout the season and if you are ever in the area the welcome at a small club is always better.

scotroutes

I’d opt for one of the newer teams, those who’ve recently appeared on the scene and are still fighting their way to glory. Rangers maybe?

matt_outandabout

cowdenbeath

‘mon the coo’s.

I’ve a brother in law who travels up for every home game they play.

From Nottingham.

🤔

marcg868
    Free Member

They are mine. Majority of my family are from Edinburgh and Bo’ness and supported Hibs. I was born in Bolton so Bolton and Hibernian for me, both equally gash, Bolton more so.
    Have been to 10 Hibs games and two Edinburgh derby games which was ace, last one not so much as we got pumped 😡

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Never understood having a team from another country, I’d rather go watch the juniors than the EPL tbh.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’d rather go watch the juniors

Eeka peeka pukka po!

white101

Based in Faslane and Rosyth in the 90’s meant catching a lot of games with mates.

Some of the best football memories I have came standing on the terraces at Cappielow, Partick Thistle or at Falkirk.

I once saw Dean Windass score 4 goals in extra time for Aberdeen against Morton in a midweek cup tie every one a worldy. Morton had pegged the big boys back to 3-3 in normal time. The atmosphere in the cow shed was fantastic.

Northwind

If you go hibees it’ll make you and I mortal enemies.

Well, I’m genetically a Hearts fan but Scottish football’s shite so I can’t really be bothered. I do like watching the insane Hearts rollercoaster ride though, there’s always something fun happening.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Never understood having a team from another country

You just don’t really understand sport then.

kcal

Friend of mine is a big Hibees fan. So much so that when his son was on University Challenge (last season I think) he wore a Hibs sweatshirt in the audience and got name checked in all the fanzines. Must have worked as they won with his lad getting the winning question.

Pigface
    Free Member

If you go hibees it’ll make you and I mortal enemies.

I can live with that 😂

Bizarre how touchy some people are, STW is a broad church.

mefty
    Free Member

Got the shirt, proud member of the Hibee family.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Eeka peeka pukka po!

You ever heard the story of how that started Perchy? 🙈

Behave yourself DD 😋

duckman

Joshvegas yes I could, been to Montrose’s ground, must be brutal playing there in a winter gale,

Screw you Mister!

Pigface
    Free Member

Ducky what did I say? 🤔🤔

Nobeer why can’t you support a team from another country?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

More the feeling of needing to have a Scottish team, I never said you couldn’t, merely that I find it odd.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I even have a Chilean team now.

perchypanther
    Free Member

You ever heard the story of how that started Perchy?

From what I hear, the people in the story didn’t hear how it started either. 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

😆

kennyp
    Free Member

I once saw Dean Windass score 4 goals in extra time for Aberdeen against Morton in a midweek cup tie every one a worldy. Morton had pegged the big boys back to 3-3 in normal time. The atmosphere in the cow shed was fantastic.

I was at that game too. Rotten result (guess who I support) but an amazing match. I think Aberdeen were leading 0-2 with about twenty minutes of normal time left. Morton got three quick goals to go 3-2 ahead and an amazing comeback was on the cards. Then Aberdeen equalised in the 90th minute (a penalty I think) then ran riot in extra-time as Morton tired. Finished 3-7.

eskay

I once saw Dean Windass score 4 goals in extra time

Not one of my favourite footballers, he scored the goal that stopped Bristol City getting into the premiership. Ruined my day out at Wembley.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Aberdeen are my team but I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone, the fans are never happy. We did win something last year though, an award for their community work. I reckon if I supported another team I might go with Arbroath as that’s where my grandparents were from. Or Motherwell, I reckon their fans are easily pleased and I think in recent years they’ve been everywhere from 2nd top to 2nd bottom, they humped some diddy team called Rangers/Sevco in the play offs to stay up. So never a dull moment with them, I also remember hearing that in the holidays they feed kids that get free school meals. I’d like to think that was quite common but I just remember hearing about Motherwell doing it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Hibernian FC’ is closed to new replies.