Hi STW, newbie with a question..

Home Forum Bike Forum Hi STW, newbie with a question..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hi STW, newbie with a question..
  • I started out in Feb last year at 19.2st, i’m now tipping the scales at 15st.

Good job fella.

mrphil

Cheers buzz, 1 more stone then i’ll be taking up running.

khegs

Uphill you can’t go wrong with practising sitting and just keeping a smooth pedalling action in an easy gear, it’s great for the long draggy climbs that are what kills ya

steve_b77

Ride lots basically, and always try to use on gear harder than you think.

But don’t overdo it otherwise you’ll break yourself

don simon

What is a good riding style to gain stamina for the uphill rides? Is it worth riding with extra weight or push harder while standing?

Keep on riding up hills, bigger and longer hills.
    Good work.

mrphil

Will try that.

A mate has suggested siding at 10 seconds full pelt riding then 10 seconds rest riding while maintaining a steady peddle, what will this gain? Leg muscle or stamina?

Below are 2 rides from this weekend, for some reason the app decides to turn off.

http://app.strava.com/rides/6718121

http://app.strava.com/rides/6792414

mrphil

Hi STW, newbie here based on the Wirral.

Currently ride a GT Aggressor XC1, initially got it as a work hack, bloody thing has cost me near £1000 in upgrades and also servicing. I have a On One 456 on order for the end of the month, frame set as the other parts of the GT are good enough.

I started out in Feb last year at 19.2st, i’m now tipping the scales at 15st.

I try to ride Llandelga twice a month, that includes riding from Wrexham train station to the site then complete the black run.

What is a good riding style to gain stamina for the uphill rides? Is it worth riding with extra weight or push harder while standing?

Sorry to be so vague lol.

Thanks Phil

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hi STW, newbie with a question..’ is closed to new replies.