Hi From Edinburgh

• This topic has 86 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by  GW.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Hi From Edinburgh
  • Premier Icon gamo
    Subscriber

keep an eye on it but dont really post, if you want to come out send me a note
    (email in profile)
    Gav.

I’m the same. Will email you on monday night if I’m going to be free. Whats the usual time/meeting place.

Premier Icon gamo
    Subscriber

Either police station(dalkeith)
    or roundabout at tescos are the
    usual meets, 7.30pm(after kids are
    down).

Premier Icon ChrisL
    Subscriber

we have a yahoo group, search for Pentlandpedalers

You could also look for the mtbscotland (twinned with http://forums.mtbscotland.net) and/or edinburghmtb (connected to the Edinburgh Road/Riding Club) Yahoo groups, they also have a lot of members in the Edinburgh area. No doubt there are others too, there’s a lot of cycling going on in and around the city!

Hi SC, I’m going out tomorrow if you are interested, nothing too taxing. Maybe 4 hours but with bail out options if needed.

What time tomorrow Steven?

How does ten at bonaly sound

Ten at Pilrig Park and you have a deal. I will join you for a 3 hour ride…

How about I pick you up there and that gives us more riding time off road. I’ll be driving from home anyway. And I’ll give you a lift back too.

stooo

I’m based in East Lothian and get out pretty regularly.. or at least I try. I’ve recently been having trouble nailing down my usual riding buddies to any commitment to ride, so super keen on meeting some new folk to get out with.

I’ve not been up the pentlands for ages, but I’ve nothing against it. Spend a lot of time around the tweed valley or down Dumfries trail centre way and occasionally head north for some more adventurous stuff. My van will take 3 or 4 bikes and people no bother (inc me) and has post ride tea making facilities. Happy to provide lifts if needed.

Aiming to head out this Sunday somewhere, not sure where. There’s rain forecast so it may be a day for man-made trails.

I’ll keep an eye on this thread, but you can get me on: stuart.potter AT mac.com

Steven, email me to arrange.

Rain on Sunday… HMMMM not pleased about that one!

juan

hey all just back from work trip
    So TJ househusband and saboteurchérie then who else?

Just emailed you a few details. Off to bed soon before the youngest wakes up.

Stoo – we appear to have two threads running about organising a ride. sundays details. http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sunday-mtbtrail-ride-in-edinburgh

Juan – best to post up nearer the time for 30th.

Thanks TJ. 🙂

stooo

Cool Tandem – have replied to other thread re Sunday

markd

if i can be arsed i might turn up to pwn you all.

only if i can be arsed though.

Do it mark. come out for a spin – should be a good mixed bunch. If you don’t turn up you will be pwned bigstylee.

markd

meh.

dunno if i can be arsed.

can we play on white hill?

Whatever mate. On the way back perhaps? You need some XC miles in those little legs of yours.

markd

pfft.

xc miles are covered.

i have thighs of wrought iron these days.

Thights of wrought iron, oh dear! I am getting quite worried here…

I am soooo slow!

markd

me too really.

juan

oh dear so SC isn’t a newbie really… Hope she/he’s not adamg 😐
    I might be able to cope with TJ for a ride (I said I might) but I know I wont with adamg…

Kit

If you see a ginger lad on a black handjob and a lass on a white charge tomorrow, then give us a wave! We’ll be setting off from Colinton about 10.

Ta,
    Kit

cool folks, looking forward to it.

SAb – I haven’t been on the bike for nearly a month and we ain’t that quick anyway. approaching middleage and rather unfit.

anyone who is too quick will be sent to do the climbs twice

Juan – I won’t eat you and I am not quite as argumentative in real life.

Marrkd’s legs

juan

So why do you feel the need to do it one here? Keyboard warrior?

Complex. Possible a touch autistic? I do have strong opinions and I am not afraid to express them. On t’internet I just don’t seem to know when to stop. I think you and I often have a series of misunderstandings as well. It is rarely personal with me

I do like xkcd

GW

stoo – what part of East lothian are you in?

Premier Icon AlasdairMc
    Subscriber

Northwind – Member
    I’m often out and about in the pentlands but I’m antisocial Don’t ride well with others really. But if you see a sweaty skinny guy with an inexplicable number of pads on, on a black and white cotic, that’s probably me, say hi…

I think I passed you at Bonaly car park a few weeks ago – I was on the singlespeed Rockhopper taking a right past the gate towards the lower reservoirs.

mieszko

V8_shin_print – Member

There is a group ride into the pentlands every saturday morning which is a great way to meet people. It leaves from Westgarth Ave. in Colington at 10am, officially it is part of ERC (Edinburgh Road Club) but there is no lycra required!

The pace is adjusted to suit all riders. No scary xc whippets trying to show off. No one is left behind etc. Rode with them couple of times, really friendly bunch and You can always meet someone new. They were always happy to help and suggest some other routes if You would like to go for a ride on Your own. They are somewhere on a website and You can always check who will be leading the ride or read about previous outings.

Shame I`m working weekends, as would like to do the Sunday ride and Saturday rides with ERC are very nice as well. Anyone keen on some riding in the Pentlands during the week, drop me a line, Uni has finished so got plenty of time on my hands.

stooo

GW – I’m at the cockenzie end of Prestonpans… right by the powerstation.

Premier Icon househusband
    Subscriber

stooo; you’re not too far from me either – I’m just outside Dalkeith, and GW is just outside Pencaitland.

Premier Icon jimmy
    Subscriber

Anyone for Ben Cleugh / N3rd tomorrow (Sunday)?

stooo

Hey Househusband… I work in Eskbank and have usually got the van with me. Easy to stick the bike in the back for a cheeky evening ride. Nice easy access to the pentlands or tweed valley from there.

juan

as far as I have people around, anyone esle fancies meeting fpor drink/coffee/ride in aviemore?
    on the 25/26 and 29/30/ of this month

Thanks for the reassurance mieszko.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Hi From Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.