Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • Hey! You there! Are you a bit crap? Never fear, you have friends…
  • Premier Icon DezB

…what “y and r” ?!?

😂 The y at the end and the R at the beginning!

Premier Icon bigG
    Free Member

Will there be a RUCKUS keyring I can borrow to make a few copies? Is Louise welcome to join?

In any case, there’s a reason for the big in bigg and it’s not for my ability to send it in a big way.

I’m in

G

Premier Icon piemonster
    Free Member

It’s a bit crap considering the 23 years I’ve been riding MTBs but….

My trackstand is really coming along, or isn’t if you’re being literal

And I’m actually managing some small but consistently achievable rear wheel lifts with flat pedals.  I think I’m more pleased than I really deserve to be for achieving the skill level of a small child.

Premier Icon slforrest
    Free Member

Last nights ride went like this…
    Me. Is this the trail where there is a jump at the bottom I need to remember to go round?
    Hubby. Yes, or you could just do the jump.
    Me. ………that is not the RUCKUS away.

Keeping it RUCKUS real 🙂

Premier Icon thepurist

Yes, or you could just do the jump.
    Me. ………that is not the RUCKUS away.

Well done – there’s no place for huckers in RUCKUS.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Stupid huckers 🙄

Premier Icon crimsondynamo

On trails that I know I can sort of give the impression that I know what I’m doing, but put me on an unfamiliar trail and/or ground conditions I’m not used to and I can get brake clenching gut wrenching “I’ll walk this bit” fear over any random obstacle.

Could have written exactly the same thing!

Indeed. I can sometimes delude myself into thinking that I’m a pretty useful rider when I’m on my own and I’ve just “smashed” my favourite bit of trail for the 200th time. But nothing bursts the bubble quite like riding with other people as they glide off into the distance with nary a pedal stroke.

Premier Icon IHN

Well, wish me luck, RUCKUS brothers and sisters, for today I venture forward on unfamiliar train with a group who, you know, aren’t shit.

I’m just going out now, and I may be some time…

Premier Icon DezB

Is the RUCKUS founder still with us??!

Premier Icon crimsondynamo

Of course he is. While all the other riders recklessly hurled themselves into the abyss (e.g a 3ft drop) never to to be seen or heard from again, our correspondent made it back to the cafe in one piece, sole survivor of a doomed expedition.

Premier Icon MartynS

I can confidently report that RUCKUS founder IHN is completely safe and in pieces that can at least put back together with little effort.

It must be pointed out that tea and cake was consumed post ride so all is well..

Premier Icon IHN

Is the RUCKUS founder still with us??!

Aw, Dez, I never knew you cared so much. Luv u 2 hun.

Yep, I’m alive. I have to say, it was great, for two reasons:

1) There was cake
    2) I wasn’t entirely crap

Premier Icon thepurist

Where does RUCKUS stand on trail sanitisation? Out today and there’s a descent that is a fast tutty roller-coaster where you’re never sure what’s waiting over the next drop. Except today it had been reprofiled into a gravel highway with gentle rises to take care of drainage. I quite enjoyed it TBH…

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

Swoops are better than jank for RUCKUS imo.

Premier Icon IHN

…however, it depends. If they just bung gravel on descents, that can make them worse/scarier than before, as you just end up going quicker on a looser surface. I’d rather pick my way down rocky steps; having the feeling of stuff moving under my tyres scares the beejesus out of me.

Premier Icon DezB

I never knew you cared so much

It’s all abbout the US in RUCKUS, man. (well, the KU really, but that doesn’t work so well 😁)

Premier Icon kneebiscuit

Stupid huckers 🙄

Too many motherhuckers hucking with my shi..

Premier Icon nbt

Any RUCKUS members in the Pembrokeshire area able to help with route planning? We’ll be a few miles north of Saundersfoot, near Kilgetty

Premier Icon choppersquad
    Free Member

My thoughts exactly kneebiscuit.
    The ‘Chords’ finest moment if I’m not mistaken.

Premier Icon Bunnyhop
    Free Member

I can’t wait to join in a RUCKUS ride. This kind of riding was made for me. It’s the reason I wear flats (for walking down all rocky trails).

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.