Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 141 total)
  • Hey! You there! Are you a bit crap? Never fear, you have friends…
  • Rona

I LOVE this. I’m in.

I’ve always been slow, I have a fixed-up wonky heart, I have zero bike fitness having not ridden for several years now (for reasons which definitely belong in the TLDR category), and when I do finally get back on two wheels my previous modest level of technical skills will surely have deserted me, along with the shattered remnants of my confidence.

Ask your dad?  I’m old enough to be Dougie’s mother!

😂

oldnick

@fazzini, I made the shirts for Team Biketragic, which one of my band of fools were you?

donslow

Another keen to join RUKUS member from Essex here

where are we all from?

fazzini

@oldnick – I believe we must have been a rogue, duplicitous, self-aggrandising version . Clearly no official status or affiliation to your brand. Perhaps even a breach of copyright….ssshhhh don’t tell anyone 😉

FB-ATB

I am thinking of forming the Rubbish and Unfit Cyclists Kindness and Understanding Society.

Erm isn’t that what this forum is for?

Sandwich

Will there be a t-shirt (for Mrs S to ruin in the washer)?

I’m in if there is. Mincing downhill is the future.

matt_outandabout

where are we all from?

From or stay?

Mussoorie, India and Dunblane, Scotland… 😊

No, we are the Bloming Ignorant & Gobby, Rubbish and Unfit Cyclists Kindness and Understanding Society.

That is BIG RUCKUS.

#splitter

donslow

@Sandwich I’m doodling logos as we speak, really should get back to work ha ha

thebibbles

Count me in. I’m definitely more Know Fear than No Fear and have a lack of skills to match.

IHN

Right, well, this seems to have hit a chord with many.

where are we all from?

I’m in the Peak (Disley), after years in the Cotswolds. A perfect storm of

a) having not really mountain biked much for years
    b) it’s a lot harder up here than down there
    c) I was crap before anyway,

means that’s it currently a bit of a trial-by-fire.

Anyhoo, I’m going to head out after work if anyone fancies a short-notice RUCKUS-ride.

Dickyboy

Asking for a friend, is this an “all the gear no idea” group or are cheapskate people with no gear & still no idea still allowed to join?

“Dougie Lampkin ask yer dad” – more like ask yer son 😕

DezB
    Free Member

No way. There are some really good riders on the forum. I know at least 2 of the vile gits 😆

ElShalimo

Am I allowed to bring my 26″ 3×10 or will people laugh at my bike as well as my ineptitude ?

IHN

Asking for a friend, is this an “all the gear no idea” group or are cheapskate people with no gear & still no idea still allowed to join?

The main joining criteria is no idea, ownership or not of any or all of the gear is inconsequential.

Am I allowed to bring my 26″ 3×10 or will people laugh at my bike as well as my ineptitude ?

I won’t be laughing, I’ll be gasping in awe at the fact that you have one more cog on your cassette than me…

DezB
    Free Member

I’m going to head out after work if anyone fancies a short-notice RUCKUS-ride.

My legs are too tired from doing 5 miles offroad last night. Oh yes, 5 whole miles*.
    Well, that and it would be about a 4 hour drive 😀

*Not that I ever measure these things, cos that would be a record of how crap I am. And who wants that!?

zippykona

I ride today so that I can ride tomorrow.

crazy-legs

What I find amusing (well, I find it amusing now – 15 years ago I’d have found it embarrassing and annoying) is how much better I was then.

I used to race XC at a pretty reasonable level, I’ve been MTBing in Spain, Utah, the Alps etc, I’ve done big days out…
    If I tried any of those things now or anything more rad than a 4″ kerb, I’d be broken into little pieces.

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

All the gear and no idea here – this sounds perfect for me

dyna-ti

I was watching a great vid the other day on just this subject. some ‘normal’ blokes entered the megavalanche and took the course slow, stopping at all the rocky drops, and riding the course int he way you’d expect your granny to ride it.
    All in all, and i suppose this is the real point, that appeared to have a hell of a fun time and by the time they finished it looked like everyone had gone home and the bbq was finished.

Found vid 😀
    Actually in watching it you can see that many of the riders are exactly the same, and ride it slowly with much stopping and a greater deal of bottling 😆

rascal
    Free Member

How about MUTHARUCKUS?

DezB
    Free Member

Gotta be one of the best videos for showing what the Mega is really like! Great stuff 🙂

ampthill

My feelings for this are best expressed by Jasper carrot

“The meek shall inherit the Earth”

“Well if the meek want it they can have it. I just don’t want any fuss”

Am i being sucked into joining a fearsome band of ex pros who will chew me up and leave me for dead

For better or worse we don’t have grading like rock climbing. I’ll turn up hoping to be pottering up V Diffs and it turns out everyone else meant lower E grades as they just aren’t as good as they were

chipps

Well, if Crazy-legs is in, then perhaps I can be in. I have always had a ‘healthy’ attitude to risk… Like I don’t like taking any. Can I join too please? 🙂

samhay
    Free Member

If this is a group for washed up and broken minor has-beens, almost-wases and general bumblers, then I’m in.

IHN

I’ll turn up hoping to be pottering up V Diffs and it turns out everyone else meant lower E grades as they just aren’t as good as they were

The intention is very much that it’s a V Diff kinda thing, maybe stretching up to HVS if we’re feeling ballsy

136stu
    Free Member

Assuming you guys aren’t the MTB equivalent of handicap bandits then please count me in. I’m ideally placed for NW/WY rides and hold a full house – crap, slow, unfit, old and budget compromised. Who wouldn’t want to ride with me?

failedengineer

Crikey, I thought I was the only one on here who wasn’t a riding god. 30-odd years and still fairly crap. Mind you, I’ve got an e-bike now ….

rakas

I believe I’m at the necessary skill level to be the treasurer or secretary of RUCKUS’ north lancs division. I’m in as long as I get a badge. Strava / guide book times get doubled in this house.

seadog101

Thank goodness there are others like me.

thepurist

On trails that I know I can sort of give the impression that I know what I’m doing, but put me on an unfamiliar trail and/or ground conditions I’m not used to and I can get brake clenching gut wrenching “I’ll walk this bit” fear over any random obstacle. This is exacerbated by MrsP being far more confident/competent than me in such conditions and sailing on without a care. Do I qualify for a restricted membership?

slforrest

I’m in!! I can finally share with pride the scars on the backs of my calves from where the pedals have caught me as I walk my bike down techy stuff!!

Sandwich

I’ll turn up hoping to be pottering up V Diffs

This may on the ambitious side for the putative club (certainly is for the Eastern Division).

MoreCashThanDash

I mean, firstly we need to sort out the cafe stop surely?

ampthill

The intention is very much that it’s a V Diff kinda thing, maybe stretching up to HVS if we’re feeling ballsy

Not that long ago I taught my son to lead and certainly led a couple of VSs so feeling smug

longdog
    Free Member

I’m in. Wonky heart, not really bionic knee, glass wrists and scared to come off and break any of my working body parts. 51 yo grandad of three, I’m also bald.🤣

I’d actually thought several times of creating a local ‘Bumbleurs’ group relaxed rides, cake and coffee. As opposed to our only cycling club which is solely interested in TTs and group rides with a minimum age speed of 27kph.

Anyone coming to Shetland I’ll happily do a short ride to a long cafe stop with you 😜

sargey

At the top of the first downhill on the first Ruckus ride.
    “after you”
    “no after you as your bound to be faster than me”
    “honestly I am crap you go in front of me as I will only slow you down”

20 minutes later….
    “are you sure because I’m really slow”
    “not as slow as me”
    Etc etc..

Count me in for Ruckus ride.

donncha

I’m slow up the hill and evened slower down the other side.
    Count me in if there is a Belfast branch!

Pook

Aye, I suppose RUCKUS would be the spiritual successor to the Pootle.

Ah this is ace to see, proud to see the pootle legacy continues!

danmac
    Free Member

I may finally have found my people! 🙏😂

slackboy

I’d be up for a bit of a RUCKUS. East Lancs based and definitely lacking in skills.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Hey! You there! Are you a bit crap? Never fear, you have friends…’ is closed to new replies.