Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hey! Pompino/Pompetamine fetishists – size matters? (yes, sizing question)
  • ourmaninthenorth

Am contemplating a neat little winter fixed gear build for riding the local filthy lanes and arsing about on the nearby footpaths cheek.

At 5’7″, I seem to be on the cusp of sizes – small or medium. I’d ride a road bike up to 54cm top tube, though my cross bike (Uncle John) is shorter.

What’s the preference – size up or down?

Merak

Id say they err on the small side. Im 5’11 32 inside leg and I got a large Pompino. Im using a 100mm stem and a lay back post. The large measures closer to 55 ctc on the tt. Id go for the medium, its a 54 tt apparently, depends on your inside leg. There loads of standover tho’

I think the small would be too wee, although youd know better than us.

smokey_jo

I’m 5’7″ and own a medium Pompetamine with midge bars and 85mm stem as recommended by On-One.

I find it a bit too much of a bend over to ride on the drops for any length of time unless coasting.

Don’t know if it’s me not getting on with drop bars in general or my gut getting in the way…..

ourmaninthenorth

Don’t know if it’s me not getting on with drop bars in general or my gut getting in the way…..

I have the latter trouble these days.

Yeah, it would be ridden with drops – the idea is to build an all round road fixed/SSCX.

Cheers both..!

cp

To add to the above (and it sounds like your getting closer to pulling the trigger), my Large Kaff is a little on the small size compared to other Large frames. If I were your height, I’d er towards a medium.

firestarter
    Free Member

They do size a bit small I’m medium on everything but my pomp was a large

ourmaninthenorth

Trigger a little way off I think – probably after Christmas!

Still need to decide btwn -ino and -etamine.

Thanks everyone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hey! Pompino/Pompetamine fetishists – size matters? (yes, sizing question)’ is closed to new replies.