Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Hey… it's Xmas… what's on your current bike wish list?
  • epicsteve
    Free Member

I was finally tipped over the edge by the Boardman Team Carbon being down from £1200 to £900 at the moment, so hopefully there should be one of those under the tree for me tomorrow. Was considering blowing a lot more on a Ti road bike but had concerns about wether I’d use it enough to justify it, so will spend the difference on MTB bits (or maybe a frame) instead.

chakaping
    Free Member

I need to get rid of bikes, not get more.

Oh alright then, I’ll have a carbon Zesty if you insist.

AntLockyer
    Free Member

Oldgit, I’m sure there is more clearance than it looks. That black bike was Justin Spinelli’s and he races in New England (was on Richard Sachs’ team this year).

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

A Jones steel 2fat frame – unfortunately he doesn’t make one yet 🙁 So maybe a Mukluck

McHamish
    Free Member

I’m hankering after somekind of Garminesque bike GPS computermibob..

Haven’t decided what to get though…something that will allow me to download trails/routes around the Surrey Hills and bomb about without having to look at maps.

_tom_
    Free Member

After a road ride with a mate on a geared bike, I’m thinking I need to jack my SS bike in for a geared! Are there any good 120mm roadie hub gears?

ononeorange

Time to actually do some riding.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I was, er, have been, or maybe am, very tempted by some of the Santa Cruz ex-demo bike sales … don’t tell the other half though 😉 .. oops, she’s probably reading this right now 😆

drain

Another one for something Santa Cruz-esque – Blur LT Carbon would be luuurvely but would mean putting the VT out to pasture. Or not – bigger garage maybe too?

Oh, and something fat (other than what’s round my middle) would be fun.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I hope Santa brings some opportunity for a nice sunny ride

solamanda
    Free Member

I just want to be well enough to ride my new bike 🙁

mcinnes
    Free Member

Currently hankering:
    Uppy downy seat post for the Bfe
    Brand new Orange Blood or Alpine 160 😈
    Summer trip (first time) to Alps

That’s all…

podman
    Free Member

I’d like a hardtail with gears… A Dialled PA would be ideal, however I can’t really afford one at the moment 🙁 So a new BB (Royce), and a set of those new x-lite carbon forks for my Simple would be fantastic.

ratherbeintobago

I could do with another set of wheels for the existing beast – 819s on a hope rear & whatever Lefty hub I can get hold of most likely, though I like the look of the DT Tricon XM1550s which now come with a Lefty front option (but they are frantically expensive).

Andy

Lionheart
    Free Member

A Fat Bike would be: nice, interesting, different, bit of a challenge to make up. Now which one, decisions decisions; Salsa, Surly, Sandman and so many more………..

BadlyWiredDog

I would like peace on earth. An end to all suffering – human and animal. Endless snow-covered trails. Penguins in the back yard. And for someone on this forum to occasionally talk about riding rather than more and more expensive parts and bikes and components and cars. Especially the bloody cars. Did Santa really die for this?

benjag
    Free Member

I’m with you BWD, I like mountain bikes and I thought this was a mtb forum, I ain’t interested in fixies, road bikes or 29 ers!

druidh
    Free Member

For benjag

Bike Forum – discussion about bikes and riding

and

Chat Forum – off topic discussion

I’m not seeing the word Mountain in either of those descriptions

druidh
    Free Member

A bit more mundane, but after seeing the state my lovely XTR-equipped Ti hardtail is getting into with commuting in this weather, I’m seriously considering a low(ish) cost Alfine hubbed commuter.

benjag
    Free Member

DH, you’re right, i’m in totally the wrong place.

coastkid
    Free Member

In a dreamland or i come into a small fortune one of these Ti babys…

mtbr bike by coastkid71, on Flickr

But if not then definitly one of these alloy babys…

SDC11653 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Hey… it's Xmas… what's on your current bike wish list?’ is closed to new replies.