Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • He's back, hiya Lance whats kicking chicken?
  • dannyh
    Free Member

The fact that he still seems bemused at his status as number one target says all you need to know about how deluded he really is.

Of course he wasn’t the only one. Of course he was in the majority, not the minority. But he was one who employed the most lawyers to close down the truth. He was the most sanctimonious shit of the lot. He was the biggest bully. And guess what, now he’s reaping what he has sown and he doesn’t like it. Well boo **** hoo.

What a brat.

mt
    Free Member

He still won 7 tour though.

IdleJon

deviant – Member

Also interesting that just about everybody wriggling and squealing at the moment (Rasmussen, O’Grady, Hamilton etc etc) is quick to name names but Lance hasnt actually dropped anybody else in it.

Why do you think that’s laudable?

hora
    Free Member

Ok, let him spill, get it out. Say it all.

Now can be ban all topics on Lance on here?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I guess his argument is that he’s happy to tell all and name names in a proper TRC forum, not just to satisfy the media’s desire for a bit of gossip. It does sometimes seem that a lot of the naming and finger pointing that does go on is an attempt to deflect attention and somehow lessen the crime (as look, he was doing it too!) rather than to improve the understanding of what went on and to prevent reoccurrence.

Either that or he understands the value of the information he has and will only divulge when it can be best monetized 😕

clubber
    Free Member

No, Hora, I don’t think so – not until the LA story is closed out – lawsuits over, etc.

Mario Cippolini with his line of bikes

There’s plenty who’d buy Armstrong bikes in a couple of years I reckon. Mostly in the US but that’s a fairly big market.

Anyway, as Dr Hutch posted on twitter, he’s complaining that he was targeted. Given limited resources, surely targeting the biggest fish is the right way to go about things.

Many others doped. Not very many behaved the way Lance did (I’m struggling to think who) with targeted threats, bullying, character defamation, etc. He’s not being punished so harshly because he doped but rather for all the other things he did around that to keep it quiet.

Either that or he understands the value of the information he has and will only divulge when it can be best monetized

That’s my bet. He’ll never do anything unless it suits him even if it’s the right thing to do.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Only thing is of course that for a time at least, LA was bigger than cycling

this x 1000. He trancended his sport like few other sports stars have, and had massive political influence and connections which no other cyclist (and arguably other sportsman) ever did-first name terms with world leaders etc. He had more power and abused it far more than any other cheating sportsman, setting out to destroy the careers, reputations, livelihoods and lives of anyone (Lemond, Bassons, Simeoni, the Andreus, Emma O’Reilly, David Walsh to name ones of the top of my head) who got in the way of what he now simply refers to as “the narrative”, as if it had a life of its own.

No he wasnt the only one doping. No he isnt being singled out unfairly. Recently read Jon Ronson’s The Psychopath Test, LA ticks all the boxes.

Say it all.

He won’t say it all. He is adamant he didnt dope in his comeback which is still covered by US statutes of limitation, which beggars belief.

hora
    Free Member

The implication that he was the one who nudged the UCI on Tyler (as he saw Tyler as trouble) says it all to me. The man needs to come 100% clean then piss off.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Lance was involved in cycling in some way? Did he race before he got sick or something? 😉

http://www.livestrong.org/Our-Founder

clubber
    Free Member

In 2012, Lance resigned his leadership role with the Foundation. He remains the Foundation’s single biggest donor and the progress he has helped generate within the field of cancer survivorship stands as a lasting legacy.

Wow! I wonder why he resigned 😕

Northwind

clubber – Member

Given limited resources, surely targeting the biggest fish is the right way to go about things.

For the sake of argument, let’s say that maybe if resources are limited, people who’re still part of the professional game are the bigger fishes than retired cheats. Your team bosses, doctors, etc etc.

cr500dom
    Free Member

and the progress he has helped generate within the field of cancer survivorship

WT actual F does that mean ?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I asked him if he’d do the SDW with me, he’s not answered yet, so he still might.. 8)

clubber
    Free Member

For the sake of argument, let’s say that maybe if resources are limited, people who’re still part of the professional game are the bigger fishes than retired cheats. Your team bosses, doctors, etc etc.

I don’t disagree with that actually but really, who? Bruyneel has been done, many older dopers have had to admit to what they did. Riis seems to be clinging on though I’m hopeful that his team’s financial struggles are connected to his links to Hamilton, etc. USADA had to go after American teams/riders (the clue’s in the name 🙂 ) so who else? JV? He’s been a force for good IMO and I can’t think of anyone else high profile.

flatpat
    Free Member

He’s basically trying to angle it so that they (USADA/WADA/UCI) allow him permission to compete (at triathlon) in return for him testifying.

He’s been given plenty of chances to testify, as his ex colleagues did in order to earn their lenient 6 month sentences, but refused to and thus got banned. Hence the discrepancy.

As to the money angle, I certainly have sympathy with those he sued and slandered (and lost their jobs as a result) and believe they should get their money back.

As for prize money and sponsorship, that’s a bit harder to justify, a lot of the other pros still have theirs, along with their reputations.

MSP

He’s been given plenty of chances to testify, as his ex colleagues did in order to earn their lenient 6 month sentences, but refused to and thus got banned. Hence the discrepancy.

WADA have come out and said just that, he had his chance to come clean, now its too late.

clubber
    Free Member

In his latest interview on cyclingnews, LA is claiming that he wasn’t actually given that chance…

I know which side I feel is likely to be telling the truth.

crazy-legs

I know which side I feel is likely to be telling the truth.

Frankly, I think the truth got lost somewhere in the depths of the doping murk quite a while ago. I think all sides have their own agenda.

LA obviously wants to return to competition.
    USADA need to justify the staggering sums of money they spent going after him.
    WADA need to try and prove that they’re not totally incompetent while explaining away how he and the team passed hundreds of doping controls.
    All the sponsors need to explain how they all believed while reaping the profits at the time.

Basically, all sides are telling whatever version of the truth suits them at that particular time while simultaneously trying to avoid perjury, contempt of court, lying under oath and perverting the course of justice.

Should keep everyone occupied for the next couple of years. 😉

Northwind

clubber – Member

I don’t disagree with that actually but really, who?

For myself, pretty much everyone who was in any position of authority through the doping years, tbh.

clubber
    Free Member

Well yes but that’s rather beyond USADA’s remit isn’t it?

deviant
    Free Member

He needs to move to a tax haven with no extradition treaties and give the world a big “F-you” and enjoy the rest of his years….thats what i’d do anyway!

….and if he hasnt stashed some of his money away somewhere that it’s untouchable and untraceable then he’s been very very silly since retirement.
    I read the book about Pantani’s decline and despite his personal troubles with PEDs and recreational drugs he had his head screwed on financially and was still raking it in up until his death.

Northwind

I include them in my list of scalps tbh.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘He's back, hiya Lance whats kicking chicken?’ is closed to new replies.