Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • He's at it again…
  • Cougar

I suppose it’s about accepted norms, like the bloke on Cheers.

I don’t have any problems whatsoever if people want to want to wander around naked, and it always baffles me that a bit of bare flesh is, dependent on context, taboo in either a positive or negative way. Many people obviously want to see some flesh, or the Sun wouldn’t make the first page you open in their comic a pair of well-presented boobies. Yet there’s still almost a stigma in actually admitting that.

However, society dictates behaviour, and in our society it’s considered bad form to wander around with the last chicken in Lidl on show. So the minority are required to conform to the majority, rightly or wrongly.

This chap clearly believes it’s “wrongly,” and I applaud him for making a stance about something he believes in. Perhaps at some point we’ll be less repressed as a nation and none of this will matter, in the same way that TV shows can now use the F-word with impunity and are tentatively dipping their toes into careful application of the C-bomb, something which would’ve been imaginable a few decades ago.

However, he appears to be somewhat militant with it and going out of his way to be awkward – the post earlier where he opted to be arrested rather than avoid walking past a school is a good example. Make a stand sure, but pick your battles; or you’re not a protester or a revolutionary, you’re just a berk who likes getting his willy out.

CountZero

in the same way that TV shows can now use the F-word with impunity and are tentatively dipping their toes into careful application of the C-bomb, something which would’ve been imaginable a few decades ago.

Calamity Jane, in Deadwood, was, I think, the first. Must admit I raised my eyebrows a bit when she dropped that one, even after Swearingen’s almost continual profanity.

Make a stand sure, but pick your battles; or you’re not a protester or a revolutionary, you’re just a berk who likes getting his willy out.

I think that’s the rather weary attitude of his long-suffering family. My heart goes out to his wife, it must be very upsetting for her, to see her husband continually in the media like this.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Samuri “We should send him to a penal colony……..”

Winner.

[/thread]

MrGreedy

<Tangential cycling link>

I once saw him (from behind) while I was riding up Fleet Moss. He had very well toned glutes.

</Tangential cycling link>

duckman

I am just pleased that we managed to get him over the border,took us what, 6 years? mind. People were starting to think he was Scottish. Obviously from Yorkshire, too tight to buy clothes.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

I certainly don’t think children should be taught that it is acceptable for strange men to expose their private parts to them

Yes they need to be taught only relatives can do that

I am reliably informed that some children can find the sight of a strange men’s genitalia deeply upsetting

Did they find your questioning of them normal?

I doubt whether “motive” comes into it, so the claim “well officer there was no sexual motive, I’m just hugely proud of my penis and thought the children playing in the park should have the opportunity to see this thing of great beauty” or whatever other justification is used, holds little water.

Indeed that argument holds no water it is a terrible straw man even by your standards

Have to say grum for someone who gets all politically correct over words, freely labeling them as racist or sexist, and emphasising their alleged offensiveness, you are remarkably insistent that people shouldn’t be offended by things which are so clearly offensive.

Well your goad is far better than you straw man

After all, you won’t get warned or banned, ’cause there’s nothing wrong with it, is there ?

I am sure the moderators are pleased you think they are infallible

TBH we are so prudish about nudity and thinking nakedness is “disgusting” or somehow overtly sexual – I would say you can dress in highly provocative clothes that are far more sexual than just being naked tbh

I remember being on holiday in France at a small pool two couples and a family with young kids [ French and never met them]. Middle aged man turns up on the far side strips naked and jumps into the pool where the kids are playing. It was perhaps about 20 foot circle with three kids in it. Nothing said nothing happened nobody was shocked. In this country he would have been battered I
    I don’t get why he keeps doing this tbh given what will happen nor do I get why so many think nudity is either sexual or offensive.

Thank you for your thoughtful forensic dissection of my post Junkyard. I believe this is a first for me.

I was starting to think that perhaps I wasn’t worthy of the “Junkyard Treatment”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I wish I could say it was the first time I had received the “ernie ” treatment from you. I would quite like to say it was the last as well but hey ho this is the risk anyone runs when they comment on your posts

Still I suppose trading childish insults makes more sense than debating the issue or points raised 😕

grum
    Free Member

Yes ernie clearly we should teach children to be afraid of the human body, and that nakedness is always to be associated with sexual activity. 😕

And yeah racism and nudity are totally equivalent – well done. 😕

zokes
    Free Member

Still I suppose trading childish insults makes more sense than debating the issue or points raised

From Ernie’s perspective, usually, it seems… 😕

supersquirrel
    Free Member

Isn’t he just one of those guys who quite likes being in prison?

Three square meals and all that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I can see why he gets sympathy in here, how the keyboard warriors empathise with his dedication to believing he is right despite overbearing actions of the moderators law trying to stifle him for their own evil knob hiding purposes.

Forget the wandering around swinging in the wind part and go back to the “If you do that again I’m going to lock you up”

D0NK

Most people accept that children should be protected from intimidating situations of a sexual nature

dont know the specifics of this case but why is nudity automatically “a scene of a sexual nature” we do seem to be quite hung up about naked flesh*, don’t think it’s healthy.

And intimidating? Has this bloke ever been intimidating, sexually or otherwise?

Not suggesting he shouldn’t be punished for taking the piss out of the legal system but at what point do we consider rethinking our position on this?

*wigan high street on Saturday night excluded

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you do that again I’m going to lock you up”

Like say china says to.protestors or Saudi to women drivers…..point is it is not necessarily the case that the law is correct.
    Still not sure why nudity is a crime tbh we are all just so hung up on this

Cougar

I can see why he gets sympathy in here, how the keyboard warriors empathise with his dedication to believing he is right despite overbearing actions of the moderators law trying to stifle him for their own evil knob hiding purposes.

Is that directed at me?

Not sure how I could’ve been much more balanced, TBH, and I’m not best pleased at the ‘keyboard warrior’ crack.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No it’s not, it’s more at those who argue to the death then complain that they got banned for simply arguing to the death with anyone who happens to ask a questions such as “what helmet for my 3 year old”

It was genuinely more about the guys who had been batting about personal abuse/fun on the issue who seemed to delight in just having an argument with each other regardless of the topic.

I prefer the current state of play without some of the big ******** who just ended up trolling or getting trolled. I have the personal opinion that the guy in trouble could either be one of them or fit in fine with them 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

So when he is in prison, does he wander around naked?

sugdenr
    Free Member

So when he is in prison, does he wander around naked?

Good question, I feel there could be a FOIA request on the Prison Service in there somewhere. That’d show them.

I want to know if he uses sunscreen on the *ahem* ‘sensitive parts’?

Cougar

No it’s not,

Fair enough then. As you were. (-:

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘He's at it again…’ is closed to new replies.