Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Hernia op
  • Harry_the_Spider

Would really like to go to the toilet 🙁

Had a sachet of “something gentle” so hopefully relief is on the horizon.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

…?

I’m fortunate here – I live with an accountant. She’s good at working it out with a pencil.

phil5556

Yeah that’s not been particularly comfortable.

You’ll feel much better once it happens 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Well… that’s a weight off.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Did it stand proud of the bowl water level? Long handled shears approach?

Glad it went okay. The op and the movement.

Harry_the_Spider

Like a Viking helmet.

Harry_the_Spider

D+5

Everything seems to be going OK. Getting out of bed is a bit sore, but other than that I can’t feel a thing because I’m doing absolutely sod all.

Toileteering for the first few days wasn’t much fun though 🙁

@phil5556
    how are you doing?

RustySpanner

Glad to hear all ok!

If you need driving anywhere give us a shout.

phil5556

Excellent, sounding good 👍

I was doing great, same that getting out of bed was the worst bit.

Think I overdid it a couple of days ago and been a bit sore since, still not that painful but concerned about doing doing damage as can definitely feel it more – so I’m back to lounging about doing as little as possible.

Coughing and laughing aren’t fun at all 😳

Harry_the_Spider

Sneezing is an absolute bastard. My dad told my that astronauts would slap their leg to prevent a sneeze. It doesn’t work. Suspect he is taking the piss.

Harry_the_Spider

Attempted a 20 minute walk to the local model shop… got less than 100m.

maccruiskeen

If you need driving anywhere give us a shout.

There are more speed humps out there than normal people realise. 🙂

Attempted a 20 minute walk to the local model shop… got less than 100m.

I found the anaesthetic took really quite a remarkably long time to wear off – everything seem to be fine until you actually try and do something and then a fog descends. I suppose you have basically been poisoned so it prob makes perfect sense. Even after about 2 weeks I could only seem to manage to get 2/3rds or the way round the supermarket before everything became a real struggle

Sneezing is an absolute bastard.

Oh god I’d erased that memory. My neighbour at the time was a surgeon and I had visions of literally sneezing my guts out and turning up at her door with them in a carrier bag 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Staples out last Wednesday and first day back in the office today. No problems as I’m going out of my way to avoid anything physical.

Did anyone else have a “bulge” under the scar? Hopefully this will disappear over time.

configuration
    Free Member

I had a Bilateral Inguinal Labroscopic repaid done a few years ago. All dealt with brilliantly in the local hospital. I asked how painful it would be, whilst being prepped for surgery. ‘Oh, it shouldn’t be too bad, you’ll be able to walk out afterwards, then it will be a few days of discomfort’.

Lying ****. It was worse than childbirth. And weeks of absolute agony. And because they’d filled my belly with gas to aid the operation, the ensuing constipation felt even worse. At times, I was actually sobbing with pain. My wife, not the most sympathetic person in such circumstances, wasn’t impressed at all. Having endured breast cancer and treatment, she might perhaps have had a point. Still bastard hurt though.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

You’re making me look forward to tomorrow so much… Not!

Harry_the_Spider

Tomorrow? You’ll be reet.

May be worth getting some mild laxatives in. Nothing Picolax strength, but enough to free you up a bit. For me that was the worst bit.

That, and plenty of “hobby stuff”. I had a great time pretending to be retired.

fasthaggis

Staples out last Wednesday and first day back in the office today.

and nothing dropped off? result 👍🤣🙃

Did anyone else have a “bulge” under the scar?

Yes,but my ‘bulge’ has always been there.
    IGMC 😉

More seriously….yes,the operation area will feel strange for a bit,scar tissue an all that.
    Just keep taking it easy and test things out gradually 👍

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Done!

Tiny little incision – less than 1/2 inch and level with my belly button. Currently got gut ache from the gas and sore shoulders as someone mentioned above.

I think they’re spoiling me – 2 digestives!

My resting heart rate caused some issues at 45bpm. They had to figure out how to reset the alarm on the machine to a lower threshold !

Harry_the_Spider

Signed off off 2 weeks?

Put your feet up!

rickk

Wish I’d seen this before… Had a keyhole repair done on Thursday, inguinal hernia on my right side.

Fully agree the discomfort is all around the scar area – torso – and I am not enjoying getting out of bed, laughing, coughing etc.

The guts in a bag comment above is a cracker but much too funny for my comfort.

Not too much discomfort so far on the toilet, I was given a box of cocodamol but advised to go easy on them as they cause constipation. On that basis I’ve stick to ibuprofen which seems to have served me well.

Not noticed any side effects from gas filling although the shoulder pain that I usually get has disappeared for now – result.

Not knowing any better I worked from home in Friday, sat at my desk and sent some emails. Don’t think it did me any harm, I’ll see how those emails read back on Monday.

For driving I was told not to until I can do an emergency stop – seems fair enough.

Good luck fellow scar bearers keep the stories coming.

singletrackmind

Pulling on socks nearly brought me to tears for weeks after my op. The pooing was sorted with glycerine suppositories and twinned prunes.
    Took me months to get back to pre op level of activity. Even went back to the pain clinic but got a course of mtfu pills and give it a few more months.

Harry_the_Spider

How is everyone doing?

I’m back at Karate tonight, but will be avoiding holding a pad for “front kicks” and I’m hoping to get out on the bike at the weekend.

The repair feels very stable and there is no pain. The big solid ridge under the scar seems to be disappearing too.

Harry_the_Spider

Wow! That a difference that made!

I had no idea how much it had been limiting my flexibility / manoeuvrability. The combination of getting the hernia fixed and the improvement in the torn meniscus in my knee was incredible.

Like getting a new bike!

Feeling it a bit today, but in a good way.

I’m delighted!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Once I’d given birth to the holy handgrenade of Antioch, everything has been rosy. Did one day on the coedeine then sacked that off for just the paracetamol. Quit that after about another 3 days.

The spuds are still feeling a little tender and there’s a 50p sized lump under my belly button which gives some pain if I try and stretch it, but otherwise pretty much back to normal. Ridden every day since Saturday, although not too long or too hard. Starting to think about doing some gentle core work again, now I’m 2 weeks post op.

Harry_the_Spider

Good stuff.

For about a week my spuds looked like the reduced veg section at Tesco just before closing on a Sunday afternoon.

The only thing that I couldn’t do last night was sit ups. I managed about 5 then realised it wasn’t the smartest of moves.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.