Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hermiston Park & Ride Edinburgh
  • Offroading

Hello,

Anyone know what the lenght of time is your allowed to leave your car at the park and ride just beside Heriot Watt Uni ?

Premier Icon Stu_N
    Subscriber

I’ve left a car there overnight a couple of times without any problems, though I have seen cars with penalty notices on them too. I can maybe check tomorrow and see if there are any signs but I don’t remember seeing any.

Offroading

Yeah that’s my concern, got a night in Edinburgh arranged and for me easiest way is parking the car there and then go pick it up the next day but im not sure if leaving over night is fully ok, can’t find any info on tinternet!

Premier Icon Stu_N
    Subscriber

I know you can’t leave a car overnight at Ingliston one (presumably to stop people using it as a free airport car park) and there are reasonably prominent signs telling you that.

I don’t think there are signs at Hermiston though. If I use the P&R and remember tomorrow I will have a look for you.

Offroading

Thanks mate. Might pop down myself to have a look at signs etc.

druidh

If you get stuck, you could leave it outside my house in Balerno and get a No. 44 into town. Car theft isn’t a major problem up our way.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I ride past it every day, I’ll try and remember and have a look. I don’t think overnight parking is allowed mind but there’s often cars in there overnight.

Premier Icon Stu_N
    Subscriber

Looked this morning – the only signs I saw were those saying who runs the CCTV and the ones on the help point intercom things saying “press the button so someone is at least watching you being axemurdered to death” (I paraphrase slightly!).

You could ask the guy who sells the tickets in the terminal building if you wanted to be sure.

Offroading

Hmmm have to take a drive down there today and have a word with the chap there then.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hermiston Park & Ride Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.