Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Here's something dark for the evening…
  • psychle
    Free Member

Suicide… who's considered it? gotta say, my life isn't turning out quite the way I wanted it to… almost certainly my fault, maybe a combination of factors, inherited (though self diagnosed 🙄 ) depression doesn't help I suppose… a plan and sticking to it might have been a good idea 😆 a few drinks tonight, wife's been away for a week… dark thoughts enter one's mind (not for the first time…) why post this bullshit on here? well, who else do I have to 'talk' to??

In all honesty, I won't do it chaps, I'm too much on the fence: not depressed enough to jump but depressed enough to feel like I should… what a **** gip eh? 🙄

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Dont you **** dare!

Theres lots of rellly good folk here and everywhere you are. Please em me or other here, you have interests, family and fiends you dont even know how gutted they'll be! Honestly.

Edit – it that your work email?

psychle
    Free Member

don't fret… it's not a cry for help (not tonight anyway)… more a question…

edit: maybe not an appropriate one… sorry

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sweepy
    Free Member

It can be therapeutic to have a drink and wallow in misery once in a while, if its more serious, or more than once in a while then you need to address it mate. There are ways through.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Ok – fret over! Really tho – 1st things 1st. I'd recommend some form of mentor. Out of your friends could someone do this? Otherwise lots of organisiations offer this, its worth the minor gamble. Things climb in on top of all of us – some deal with it better. Personally I recognise when I need impartial help.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Pain.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

psychle – This is as good a forum as any. We should compare notes. Life doesnt work out. The dark dog wait for any opportunity.

psychle
    Free Member

indeed it does… it's a bitch really, not a dog 😆 Still never sure if I suffer from depression or just plain old laziness… how do you tell the difference?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

how do you tell the difference?

You're on here asking for help.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

… at 00:08 in the morning.

psychle
    Free Member

the difference being?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You'd still be going on about Avatar.

psychle
    Free Member

so it's just one drink too many?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Whatever wakes your monkey up and starts it chewing on your neck.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

If you ride a mtb I doubt you're lazy!!! Where I am I have to cycle up a bloddy great hill to get the buzz on the downhill.

For me a really shit day can be tough to get out of bed. But I've now assimated a good team around me (mainly my wife, sister, painintheassbrotherinlaw) who can see the signs. It took me some time to know the signs and my escape valve.

I've never met you but all the best people I've ever known suffer from depression, some mild, some extreme, some bipolar. Maybe it's some form of normal?

psychle
    Free Member

Whatever wakes your monkey up and starts it chewing on your neck

are we talking about ambition and motivation here Mr Woppit? If so, I wish I could wake up my monkey… been drifting along for way too long, starting to question the point really…

psychle
    Free Member

but all the best people I've ever known suffer from depression

nah, I'm just a sad git…

RichPenny
    Free Member

I think you should give it a go. After all, what have you got to lose?

psychle
    Free Member

give what a go?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

starting to question the point really…

Churchill called it his black dog. To me, it's the neck monkey. Stupid thing, but it won't stop trying to eat me alive until I manage to distract myself enough to force it back into it's little box. By talking about it on a forum, for instance. The most difficult thing is that this is a conversation most people either back away from very fast, or start offering "sympathy" which I find, only makes it worse.

RichPenny
    Free Member

What did you have in mind? There's options…

psychle
    Free Member

What did you have in mind? There's options…

what? noose, shotgun, high cliff, pills, heroine OD, in front of a train… that sort of thing? (have I tossed these options up? never…)

or are we talking about life in general? if you've decided it's not worth living, then why not live it to the limit and to hell with it?

or something else?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

If you could have anything you want to make it worth living, what would that be?

RichPenny
    Free Member

heroine OD

Being a pedant, I'd go for that one 😉

There are very few people whose lives have gone to plan. My aim to be knee deep in cocaine and hookers by 30 went unfulfilled 😥

RichPenny
    Free Member

I gave it a **** good go though…

psychle
    Free Member

If you could have anything you want to make it worth living, what would that be?

In all honesty? I couldn't tell you… all I ever know is that I'm not happy (whatever that is). I buy stuff and for a little bit I'm happy with my new purchase, but then I look at my credit card and my savings and my paltry income and that's that… I have a wife who (for god knows what reason!) loves me to a ridiculous degree (honestly, why? I can't see anything to love and I don't even know if I love her… which isn't fair and I know it, and that sends me further into a downward spiral…) honestly, how the **** is someone meant to cope with a mind that just won't let up? always thinking, always wondering, always **** negative… maybe drugs are the answer?

psychle
    Free Member

Being a pedant, I'd go for that one

so would I actually… seems like it might be a good ride before the end…

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Shopping will never make you happy!

Youre wife can, income never will.

Cuddle up beside her and tell her your inner thoughts. Maybe in the morning?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Number one, see the doctor. Whilst you're there, ask about 2: Therapy and 3: Prozac. That's the best advice I can give.

If you're sunk too deep to make it to the door:

http://www.samaritans.org/

RichPenny
    Free Member

Been on your bike much recently? Lack of exercise always puts me into a black mood. Generally seems to be a lot discussion about depression on the forum at the moment, maybe SAD?

Buying stuff will never make you happy. Unless you're in a cake shop, where it will make you happy and fat 🙂

walla24
    Free Member

hey man, you've come to the right place, there are loads of people on here who share common interests and feelings. Many of them also happen to be really good people so take it easy and discuss it with them.

feeling suicidal may well be a 'taboo' subject which people dodge but its as valid a human emotion as any other so dont feel like you cant talk about it.

Recognising how you feel is a good thing, now think of ways to improve your situation, get help doing those things if you need it and take a step forward.

Think of good times my friend.
    mail's in profile if fancy a chat

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Are you still with us, psychle?

Kit
    Free Member

psychle: what's bugging you? why are you down?

There's been a few threads recently about suicide, and plenty of people who can try and help you. A lot of us have been through depression, depressive thoughts, and have advice, but you have to let us know why you get down!

Kit

samuri
    Free Member

A plan and sticking to it sounds like an appalling life. You'll end up in middle management or estate agency with your 320 BMW and your orange wife. Jesus, that sounds like hell. I'm nowhere near where I imagined myself as a kid but I'm in a reasonably happy place. I've been suicidal but I'm glad I didn't do it now.

Ask for help if you really feel this way or just sign in sick for a week and ride your bike every day if not.

psychle
    Free Member

Are you still with us, psychle?

indeed guv'ner… fear not 🙂 just been wandering the interweb… it's all good, as mentioned above I'm not miserable enough to jump, but miserable enough to feel like I should… to be fair, it's a precarious state of mind to be in, perhaps all it would take is the easily accessible means to an end and tadda, that's all folks and a poor 'spur of the moment' decision made (perhaps)… I suppose that's how it happens most of the time… I wonder if all folks who jump off a bridge have second thoughts on the way down??

psychle
    Free Member

or just sign in sick for a week and ride your bike every day if not.

You know, I've been thinking about doing that… more like a month though…

psychle
    Free Member

psychle: what's bugging you? why are you down?

I think, if I knew I'd be one step closer to sorting my life out… not being sarcastic, but that's the way it is… I really don't know what my problem is… add up the sum of what should make me happy and it's pretty positive, and yet I feel so **** unhappy… it's shit, and in my head all I think is that I'm just a lazy cock wasting his life, but maybe there's more to it than that… or am I just looking for excuses?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Im no expert. But it seems like you do have a form of depression. My only advice is be a man and ask for help from those closest to you. Ime everyone that cares for me / you will help. Everyone. But you gotta be strong enough to ask. From the bottom that's a big big ask! You take that step tho you might be impressed by those around you.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Do you have children?

psychle
    Free Member

nope… not something I'd like to have in my life, though some do tell me it gives purpose…

just watched the opening sequence to Saving Private Ryan again… jeez, maybe I should join the army and go to war… get a sense of purpose 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Here's something dark for the evening…’ is closed to new replies.