Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Here comes the wind!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Somebody post that vid of the Luton van driver from the other month. I don’t think even Brunnel could’ve engineered his way out of that one 😀

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Breezy in Sheff. Just been watching the sawdust get blown across the floor. Of my cellar!!

project
    Free Member

Crewe station closed no trains in or out due to roof missing and wires down.
    and lots of train disruption up here in the north..

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/71620.aspx

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Does this new weather development mean that we’re over taking the piss out of UKIP?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Clifton Suspension bridge (not) moving

Video here of the Clifton suspension bridge being very British and un-dramatic.

oldboy
    Free Member

I wonder what Brunnel would have thought about our health & safety police.

Probably that stopping people from dying is generally thought of as a good thing?

Sorry, but not in my understanding of one of Britain’s greatest engineers.

crikey
    Free Member

Do share, please, I’m all ears to hear your understanding as you mutter on about ‘health and safety police’ like a tramp shouting at pigeons.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

my 10 year old daughter is supposed to be doing a Bikeability thing at school today – I wouldn’t fancy taking a group of 10 year olds out in today’s weather!

Had a group of 10 year olds out for Bikeability today in Blackpool, sheltered back streets weren’t too bad, and the wind blew me home afterwards.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Bloody hell. My moniter’s wobbling on my desk!

THIS IS SERIOUS!

oldboy
    Free Member

Do share, please, I’m all ears to hear your understanding as you mutter on about ‘health and safety police’ like a tramp shouting at pigeons.

If you know nothing about the way Brunnel overcame every obstacle thrown at him as he drove his railway westward then I can’t help you.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/aberdaron_latest_weather.html

Avg wind speed in Wales of 75mph, gusting 108 mph..

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Apparently it’s 90mph here now (Blackpool) but due to be at it’s worst at 9pm – going to be a bit rough on the Prom then!

project
    Free Member

http://www.tidetimes.org.uk for high tide times,

waves copy at lady Gresley

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Had two attempts to ride home from Merseyside to North Wales on motorcycle. Way too dangerous. Taking shelter back in work :o(

Jamie
    Free Member

Bloody hell. My moniter’s wobbling on my desk!

THIS IS SERIOUS!

An outside office was always going to be a bad idea.

MrOvershoot

Daisy_Duke – Member

Had two attempts to ride home from Merseyside to North Wales on motorcycle. Way too dangerous. Taking shelter back in work :o(
    Good luck with that, the gusts are vicious, had to hang onto the building a few times trying to get to my car in not sunny Toxteth 😮

RustySpanner

Just been blown off my feet walking to the shops in Rawtenstall & I’m 14 stone!
    Nearly lost my cap.

Lightning now too.

Jamie
    Free Member

I predict fence panels being retrieved from neighbours garden tomorrow 🙁

project
    Free Member

All VIRGIN trains cancelled along with numerous other services in the north west.

singletrackmind

Gary_Lager

Missus has just phoned and says the M6 is closed Knutsford – M62 – I guess that’s Thirlwell? Doesn’t sound like fun. She’s having to drive back to Manc from Liverpool via Runcorn and the m56.

Looking at this map, she might be some time

http://traffictv.orange.co.uk/delays.aspx

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

going to be a bit rough on the Prom then!

Thats normal in Blackpool isnt it? 😆

woody2000

That was bloody awful. 80 minutes to do 9.5 miles. Got turned back by firemen on one road as there was a power line down, decided to try get round on a footpath but ended up in the middle of a very muddy field. Then the road was blocked by a tree so cue loads of people trying to uturn, and **** every one else. Saw a van that had been hit by the tree when it fell, it was chopped in half nearly. Driver OK thankfully.

Stay safe everyone 🙂

CountZero

jambourgie – Member
    Clifton Suspension bridge (not) moving

Video here of the Clifton suspension bridge being very British and un-dramatic.

That is a pretty crappy video. There was another one on the local Beeb tonight shot from right next to the span, and it was gently twisting and flexing in the wind, and the steel plates at the expansion joints were moving all over the place. To see a bridge as solid as that being twisted by wind was pretty scary.

jekkyl

This climax is all a bit early, normally you don’t get blown off till Valentines night.

breadcrumb

That was a rough ride home. I was at a virtual standstill at times, no dabs though.

I reckon a KOM would of been easy if I was heading the other direction!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Emotional is the word that would best describe my commute home. Leaning at a 45 degree angle to stay upright was fun!! I don’t know if that or the headwind was worse!!!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

All I can hear are slates being ripped off down the street here in Sunny Ulverston. Hoping that none belong to me!

It is savage out there!

Vortexracing

Sent us home form BAEsystems at 5pm, bloody roof was coming off the office building 😯

That’s at Warton , near Blackpool

Pembo
    Free Member

Really bad here on the edge of Delamere, I wouldn’t mind betting there will be 200+ trees down in the forest and a few of our favourite trails will be blocked.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Will anyone hear those trees fall????

iainc

was worried about weather predictions as driving home to Glasgow from Northumberland. Left at 430, home at 7, a few showers, no wind or any noticeable weather. Lucky I guess to miss it. Currently 1.5 degrees and calm in Glasgow

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Here comes the wind!’ is closed to new replies.