Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Here are all the things wrong with dropper posts
  • nickfrog
    Free Member

What are the shimano levers like?

I have the MT500 (£20) and it’s very well engineered and ergonomically brilliant – an easy match for the also good One Up at more than twice the price.

Talking of which it is actuating a (Brand X) Trans X adjustable 170-200mm dropper that is also as good as the One Up for…£60.

An easy £80 to avoid all the above issues (if you’re don’t need more than 200mm).

Wolf Tooth don’t do bad levers. Has a nifty plastic centre piece that shears to save bending the lever in the event of a crash. They do multiple colours and two lengths.

Running one on my Brand-x. No complaints.

fruitbat

Another worst thing is the scarcity of posts with offset.

davros

If anyone’s after one of these then check biketart on eBay as they’re currently £171 with a discount code, including 210 & 240 lengths in various diameters.

Kamakazie

They constantly need the collar lifted and to be fed more suspension grease, or they stop returning fully.

Not just mine then.
    I use PTFE spray as I’m too lazy to clean & grease that often.

cookeaa

Another worst thing is the scarcity of posts with offset.

What?!?!! A whole week goes by and nobody’s been able to turn this into a ‘post scarcity’ pun?

This place is slipping slowly letting itself down…

fooman

i really don’t understand what people love about them over a brand x

Short stack and insertion dimensions means you can squeeze 20-30mm more drop into a frame over brand X – great for my girls who have short legs. I’m happy with brand X though I find the seal better than oneup at keeping gunk out.

b33k34

@tagnut69

Shimano levers are, as you’d expect, really nicely made and finished. The £20 Deore model is fine. Can’t work out what the more expensive version gets you.

The Bontrager “line elite” lever is my preference- low profile and about £20.

richb1

To be fair cokie there are a lot of naff levers out there. The only cable lever I’ve tried so far that has felt worth the £££ is the PNW Loam Lever. Not cheap, but it is very well made, and precise once set up.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.