Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Hendos or Lea and Perrins
  • alanf
    Free Member

Whilst eating my poached eggs this morning I was pondering over the choice of Hendersons relish or Lea and Perrins.
    I’m entrenched in the Hendos camp and after recently running out and having to acquire Lea and Perrins I’m still in favour of Hendos.
    The Worcestershire sauce just seems too sweet in comparison.

So are you Hendos or Lea and Perrins?

Oh and if anyone has tried the L&P special edition, how does it stack up to the standard?

everyone
    Free Member

Henderson’s obviously! Although it isn’t the easiest to get hold of outside God’s Own.

alanf
    Free Member

This is true, and even then I fell into the trap of not restocking in time and had to go L&P (only a small bottle though), but this only confirmed that Hendos is king.

Tracey

There has never been an alternative to Hendersons for a South Yorkshire lass. We were brought up on it as were my two girls. Its a tradition.
    You should never ever run out of a supply, when the factory burned down it was like gold dust but we never ran out. Don’t buy it in the bottle, buy it in the box full. It gets better with age.
    There is a box of if stored behind the bikes in the garage, just in case.

bikebouy
    Free Member

L&P Obvs

FOG

Nice troll bikebouy!
    A mate of mine moved to the States and actually took more Hendos than clothes he was so worried about running out before he returned to visit parents etc. another Sheff boy obviously!

everyone
    Free Member

L&P Obvs

You’ve obviously never had Henderson’s.

alanf
    Free Member

I feel so amateurish now, having admitted to running out!
    I will seek out the BOX of redemption so this sad episode is never repeated!
    Thanks for the heads up Tracey!

ahwiles
    Free Member

non-Sheffielders are allowed to use Worcester Sauce, they’re wrong, but that’s ok.

if you’re from Sheffield, or have adopted it as your home, then you have no excuses.

Hobster
    Free Member
    gravity-slave
    Free Member

No choice…

Explained here (NSFW/kids lyrics):

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfAJtf3QuBY[/video]

HansRey

Seen L+P all over Finland, gathering dust in restaurents, cafes and supermarkets. If only they had Henderson’s instead…

FOG

Somewhere on YouTube there is an interview with Sean Bean where the interviewer tries to talk about his new film but Beano launches into a eulogy about Hendos much to the interviewers mystification.

scaredypants

I like that yorkshirepantry sells versions with t’th’Owls and t’th’Blades coloured labels 😀

nach
    Free Member

Hendo’s. It is, frankly, an outrage that they don’t seem to export it to the other side of the Pennines.

binners

frankly, an outrage that they don’t seem to export it to the other side of the Pennines.

We’ve got our own, thanks!

😛

slowoldman

Hendos except in a bloody mary.

Exactly, it’s horses for courses. Hendos is a must for pies (especially meat and potato in my view). Though for soup I rate Maggi sauce above all others.

As for any kind of sauce, relish or dressing on a poached egg. Don’t. Just don’t.

scandal42
    Free Member

Henderson’s obviously! Although it isn’t the easiest to get hold of outside God’s Own.

Nipping into a Morrsions would suggest otherwise lycra boy.

alanf
    Free Member

As for any kind of sauce, relish or dressing on a poached egg. Don’t. Just don’t.

Clearly you’ve never had Hendos and black pepper on poached eggs to be coming out with that statement!

nach
    Free Member

Or Eggs Benedict.

ahwiles
    Free Member

poached eggs and sweet chili sauce go together like cheese and biscuits.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Hendos or Lea and Perrins’ is closed to new replies.