Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Henchman ladders or similar?
  • matthewmountain
    Free Member

Has anybody got real world experience of using Henchman tripod ladders? I need a ladder to clean gutters and re-painting windows etc.

https://www.henchman.co.uk

I like the safety features of Henchman ladders, given the tripod design. They seem to be designed more for tree pruning than DIY, so I wondered if anyone had used one? Do they allow you to get close enough to the windows/gutters?

They are expensive though. Or does anyone have recommendations for a light weight ladder for domestic use of about 5m total length? Preferably with something attached to make it more stable.

Happy Saturday riding !

slackalice
    Free Member

Niwaki are my tripod ladder of choice, not come across Henchman before, so don’t know how they compare in the build quality stakes. Niwaki are very well made, but pricey.

Werner are a reputable brand, there are plenty more. For painting and gutter clearing, I would heartily recommend a stand-off bracket..

Stand off bracket

And while you’re at it, get some anti slip pads like these:
    Henry’s anti slip and levelling pads

devbrix
    Free Member

Yep, great for very tall hedges, trees and the like. Might struggle with gutters as the pole sticks out in front of the ladder and possibly wont be tall enough for most single story houses.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Henchman ladders or similar?’ is closed to new replies.