Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hemlockers help!
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

Just built up an 08 frame and am a bit concernd that the rear brake hose fouls the left chainstay mount. anyone had a hose wear through or have i just got the routing wrong somehow? any chance that some one could post a picture of their hose routing at the chain stay?
    Thanks

cp

as on all bikes, but particularly fs it seems, it depends so much on the caliper, adaptor and disc size you are using, and whether you can adjust the angle of the hose coming out of your caliper. Have you got a picture of what you have done to make suggestions?

What brakes are you using?

good choice of frame btw 😉

kelvin

Post a pic of your hose routing mickasaki. Please.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Thanks, Its not a problem at the caliper end, more the chainstay pivot on the frame. There are hose guides either side of the pivot, so it seems there is'nt much choice to be honest! I've just ordered a longer hose so maybe it will sit differently then, just a bit concerned of chafeing! I'll try and post a picture, not to sure how at the moment, got to resort to reading instructions i suppose!!

kelvin

I'd post a picture of mine, but it's forkless at the moment, so cables all over the place.

mickasaki
    Free Member

mickasaki
    Free Member

Ignore the hose shown to be lifting at the rear, i have just positioned it there temperary!

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad282/mickasaki_photos/?action=view&current=DSC00619.jpg

Mugboo

try searching Hemlock on here there have been lots of piccies lately.

Mine takes a line along the top of the chainstay and tucks inside the lower shock mount. I sent Cy a photo and he said that was right.

Mines an 08 with 36's, you'll love it..

mickasaki
    Free Member

mugboo, thats what i was thinking. got a longer hose on order and will do that when it arrives. thanks. Do you not still have the hose rubbing though on the front pivot?

cp

mickasaki, your routing is the same as mine. no problems so far.

kelvin

Mine goes inside the the lower shock mount, and doesn't touch the front pivot.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Ok, thanks for the reply's! i will route it through the lower shock mount when the new hose arrives. At least then i can ride it, although it does look nice in the lounge!

rob2
    Free Member

mikasaki – I route mine on the outside but wrapped a bit of old inner tube on it for protection. Sounds draft but works fine.

Super bikes mind.

mickasaki
    Free Member

I may put a bit of fine conduit on the hose in that area just in case. some kind of guide in the pivot may have been a good idea, we'll see!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hemlockers help!’ is closed to new replies.