Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Help,check riding shirt search
  • spev

I’m pretty sure at some point this year I saw (in an article somewhere online) a check riding shirt from Endura( I think) . It was possibly Eurobike or similar. Anybody recall seeing it? I’ve googled all I can think off.

Ever since my Royal Cutter hoody died I’ve wanted another check shirt if anyone has any suggestions

Ta

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

Sombrio Vagabond?

hgf

househusband

Paramo Kili..?  Designed with cyclists in mind.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Alpkit do one that’s not exactly a riding shirt but am active technical checked shirt

matt_outandabout

It’s good to see Paramo still employ blind colour choice employees and apprentice tailors who use a mannequin of Kim Jong Un for sizing.

angeldust
    Free Member

It’s good to see Paramo still employ blind colour choice employees and apprentice tailors who use a mannequin of Kim Jong Un for sizing.

People are usually a bit harsh on Paramo, but not in this case.  What were they thinking?  Even Timmy Mallet would be embarrassed to wear that.

matt_outandabout

I want a Kitsbow icon, when I win the lottery.

Tracey

Fox have them out this year. Saw them on the Stif site

singlespeedstu

I’ve got the Sombrio shirt up there and also the Alpkit.

The Alpkit is much nicer to ride in.

Also have a Troylee that’s nicer than the Sombrio.

DezB
    Free Member

Wasn’t there a fella on here recently trying to promote his website, where his goal was to produce a nice technical check riding shirt? Ended up with some t-shirts and hoodies with a zigzag on em and got shot down?

nickc
    jedi

dakine do them and iirc contourcycles have them in stock

bigblackshed

OP.

Article here: https://singletrackworld.com/2018/07/wils-19-product-highlights-from-day-3-of-eurobike-2018/

its not appeared on Endura’s website as yet. Probably a spring collection for 2019.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

#Hipsterbawbagcentral

oldtalent
    Free Member

Jesus I would rather wear lycra than something like that.

Truly hideous.

senorj

Nice selection below… 🙂

spev

thank you bigblackshed, no idea why I couldnt find that using the search function 🙂  and thank you all for the other choices.

lets be honest #hipsterbawbagcentral at my age is a compliment 🙂

anybody got a Royal Racing Cutter Hoody in a large they’d like to sell me? Otherwise off to Alpkit I go

BoardinBob

I’ve got one of the Troy Lee ones

https://shop.troyleedesigns.com/2018-tld-grind-flannel?quantity=1&color=104

Its actually a clever garment. Technical fabric and it adds a warm layer on cooler days when a soft shell and jacket are too much.

Digby

I’ve got a couple of the Dakine ones – I really like them: they are technical enough without being overly polypropylene (some of them are 100% cotton) but still dry fairly easily …

… kindof ‘plaid-casual’ if you will! 🙂

kiwijohn

I’ve been using Dakine Oakridge shirts for years, but just picked up an Adidas one.

Probably from their snow sports line really, as it is a bit thicker. An internal chest pocket is actually quite handy.

spev

I’ve just ordered an Alpinestars one https://www.alpinestars.com/andres-tech-shirt

im after the more tech side of it otherwise i just bung on one of my other check shirts

I like the look of the troy lee one, whats the sizing like? I tried the alpinestars in a medium and snug is  the only way to describe it (couldnt get the buttons together)

eastcoastmike
    Free Member

paramo katmai is decent, muted design unlike their other horror

BoardinBob

unlike their other horror

Aye aye that’s a horror. It really should have a Ben Sherman logo on it. It looks like the kind of shirt a 50 year old man would wear to a stag do

BoardinBob

I like the look of the troy lee one, whats the sizing like

Mine is a large. Im normally a large in all kit (42 inch chest) and the Troy Lee fits perfectly. Good fit around the arms and shoulders. Reasonably fitted in those areas without being tight albeit I do have big arms and shoulders. Loose enough round the waist and stomach without having any excess material

VanHalen

£5 rail on sydney street brighton.

mcnultycop

I’ve got that Paramo shirt but the colour the other way round (i.e. mainly grey with the flashes of the bright check).  I love it but I wouldn’t ride in it, it’d snag too easily.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I have a couple of proper wool check shirts. Some American company that has been going for ages. Very warm so only for the cold days. I have worn them riding and being wool are fine.

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s the difference between a riding shirt and a general outdoorsy type shirt?  (serious question)

BadlyWiredDog

Haglofs used to do a jacket called the Tundra, which was a sort of check shirt look thing, but lined with a light layer of Primaloft-type synthetic insulation, so it was warm enough for proper low temperature use, but without looking like something that had escaped from Everest Base Camp.

I’m not sure exactly what it was for, but I’ve always kind of wanted one…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Through experimenting I know that my regular flannel checked shirt just acts as a sponge and does not dry/wick quickly at all…..

Marin
    Free Member

I’ve got a Troy Lee check shirt. Wind proof shirt more than flannel. Great for riding drys fast. Was off a sale rail though.

miketually
    Free Member

epicyclo

I have a few check shirts I use for riding. Alpkit, Hagloff, Bergans.

None of them contain cotton, so they dry quickly.

With an option of a merino base layer that’s 4 months of the year covered.

I also have a Craghoppers check wool shirt, and that cover the periods between winter proper and the warmer months.

thepodge
    Free Member

@molgrips generally a better cut / fit and a less sweat soaking material

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Help,check riding shirt search’ is closed to new replies.