Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help with sky multiroom pls
  • bikemanspen
    Free Member

I’ve upgraded to hd so have my old sky+ box that I would like to put in my bedroom how do I go about it without paying sky a fortune and is it possible for me to watch a different channel than what’s on downstairs?

Many thanks Ben

jota180
    Free Member

As long as you have a quad LNB, simply run cables from the dish to the old box

You’ll be able to watch whatever you have a card for – a separate card

bikemanspen
    Free Member

Didnt think about an extra card. How easy is it to connect up to the dish I can do all the drilling just the cable and connecting? What may be tricky?

Wookster

It’s a tenner for the extra box a month I think.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

if you’re going to run multiroom you’re going to need a phone cable into both rooms.

If you don’t want to pay the £10 a month, hopefully they’ll provide you with an extra card with the new box. If not you need a £20 “freeesat from sky” card to watch some of the free channels and you won’t have recoding capabilities.

Alternatively just sling the sky+ box and get skygo on your laptop, desktop or tablet.

rocco

You don’t need a phone line. Never had a phone line connected to any of my boxes and my multi room in 3 houses so far.

nealglover
    Free Member

if you’re going to run multiroom you’re going to need a phone cable into both rooms.

In my old house I had sky for ages with no phone line at all.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I know you don’t need a phoneline on a single box, but I thought they insisted on multiroom setups to stop you selling your box and card to to your mum/neighbour/mate in the costa’s?

It sounded like a bad excuse to let a sky installer mess up my skirting boards.

bikemanspen
    Free Member

It’s sounding like a good idea to watch it through my Xbox upstairs can I change the channel on sky go through this?

PePPeR

I’ve had mine installed by Sky installers 3 times and none of the lazy buggers have bothered connecting my sky boxes to a phone line.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

It’s sounding like a good idea to watch it through my Xbox upstairs can I change the channel on sky go through this?

Skygo is basically like BBC iplayer – it uses you internet, it doesn’t quite have the full range of content. It’s free for a certain number of devices, about the only thing the do for free. I don’t know if it’s available on x-box though.

I’ve had mine installed by Sky installers 3 times and none of the lazy buggers have bothered connecting my sky boxes to a phone line.

Some sensible person will have taken their hammers off them – it’s all for the best.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help with sky multiroom pls’ is closed to new replies.