Help with cassette and lock ring please

Home Forum Bike Forum Help with cassette and lock ring please

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help with cassette and lock ring please
  • Skyliner

Sorry to ask what may be a silly question. Is it a Mavic Hub?

joepalermo

Yes it is

Skyliner

I guess you may have removed the spacer required when you removed the XTR. Should be a small thin ring/band. Sorry if you know this already!

joepalermo

Just checked the old cassette and yes there is a small thin ring/band. Should it be fitted between the hub and the new cassette? Your help very much appreciated.

druidh

Yep – put the spacer on before the cassette

Skyliner

Let me know if this solves the problem? Cheers.

joepalermo

😀 Many thanks to all. I'll do that tomorrow and keep you posted. I love this forum!!

swamp_boy

If the spacer doesn't take up the slack it is possible to hacksaw the pins holding the old cassette together and use one of the nylon spacers from between the cogs between the back of the new cassette and the wheel. Its a bodge, but it has worked for me.

joepalermo

I have replaced my old 9 speed xtr cassette with a Dura Ace 9 speed because I liked the ring combination (12-27). I have tighted the lock ring as much as I could, but if I hold the cassette with my hand I can feel a very small play. Is that normal? Please advise.

jonb

No help with Mavic but I've found all my simano hubs have had a small amount of play/wobble.

joepalermo

I couldn't wait till tomorrow. Just followed your advise and everything OK now. The thin spacer has done the trick :D. Once again thanks to all of you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help with cassette and lock ring please’ is closed to new replies.