Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help with Ambergate Woods/Crich Chase and black rocks ride please
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

I’ve ride ambergate quite a few times and know certain areas of crich chase and black rocks but don’t know the last 2 places well enough to know where the good riding spots are.

I found a video of someone’s ride from 5 years ago and it looks great. I know it’s edited and they don’t link up perfect like in the video but would someone in the know be able to give me details on where these tracks are and how to link then up?

[video]http://youtu.be/SeEK3MFmCFM[/video]

h4muf
    Free Member

No.Don’t want all and sundry knowing.

tinytimbo
    Free Member

Ridden shining cliff but don’t recognise the other stuff.

sprocker
    Free Member

I could show you round at some stage I ride Sunday around there probably once a month

will
    Free Member

Forgot I made that video! Not sure where that youtube channel has nicked that from.

Anyway, no riding around there…

cuckoo
    Free Member

Nice video, enjoyed watching that.

Still pi**ed at those gates that were put up across some of the descents from Black Rocks.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

sprocker – Member
    I could show you round at some stage I ride Sunday around there probably once a month

That would be prefect. Thanks

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Forgot I made that video! Not sure where that youtube channel has nicked that from.
    Anyway, no riding around there…

Would you be kind enough to email the route you took to link that ride up?

dvatcmark
    Free Member

The last two bits are the trail that traverses from intake lane to Holmesford cottage, and one of the ambergate wood trails.

The easiest way to link then up is just pop out at holmesford cottage, ride on the a6 the whatstandwell then take the road climb to the top of ambergate woods

iain1775
    Free Member

Recognised it all apart from the bit from 5m30 which I presume is somewhere in Shining Cliff

dvatcmark, why risk the A6 when Cromford Canal runs parallel and is a far nicer (if slower) ride

My usual route is to park at Whatstandwell next to the canal, head up towards Crich on the road to top of Crich Chase, dive in there and take a route to the bottom, (i think its nicknamed Belfast Sink?), pop out onto the canal and either left to Shining Cliff (don’t do to often as linking back to Black Rocks the easiest way without any major road traversing involves getting across the caravan park which is private property) or right back to car, up Worksworth Road along Intake Lane and to top of Black Rocks, play around on the top for a bit then down there on the fast trail that runs parallel to the High Peak trail to Holmesford Cottage (2nd last bit in the vid), across back to the canal (some pushing on footpath required), left to Cromford, up to Stalkholmes (usually pushing up the steep bit) past Riber Castle and down through Bow Wood to Lea Bridge, then back along canal to the car
    3 decent climbs all on minor roads, rest offroad
    I tend to try and do it when it’s quieter as much of it is a little cheeky, but seemingly tolerated, there is lots more in the area but some is a lot more sensitive with nature and locals

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help with Ambergate Woods/Crich Chase and black rocks ride please’ is closed to new replies.