Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help with 2012 Zesty 314 Bottom Bracket.
  • SOAP
    Free Member

So I believe it’s a push fit which I know nothing about.
    Can anyone offer advice on fitting and a suitable replacement.
    Do Hope make one?
    Thanks.

Spin
    Free Member

Do Hope make one?

Yes. Get one. Nothing else I’ve used is a fraction as good.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

You can get a cheap FSA on online about £30 of hope has just started to make a press fit one for lapierre.
    That’s the way I’ve gone and no issues so far, went through 3 shimano/FSA ones through 2 winters they seam to let water in a lot and I did have a pre 2012 zesty that didn’t have a hole in the BB to let the water out

SOAP
    Free Member

This one has started seize after wet rides.
    Spin have you got a link to the correct bb?

Spin
    Free Member

Spin have you got a link to the correct bb?

Tell you what I’ll come round and fit it for you too. 😉

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/hope/pf41-press-fit-stainless-bottom-bracket-ec050232

SOAP
    Free Member

Nice one. 🙂

toonfan
    Free Member

I replaced the BB in my Zesty a few weeks ago and just went for the FSA one. I thought you needed a special tool for the Hope one. Is this a different version?

leebaxter
    Free Member

Been farting about for years with cheap bbrackets, as previous post the hope one is more bucks, but probably cheaper long term just keeps going and going

tenfoot

Another vote for hope. I went through 2 shimano bbs in a year on my zesty. I used to take the seat post out, turn the bike upside down and watch the water flood out. This doesn’t happen with the hope unit.

I got my lbs to supply and fit as I don’t have the specific tool that the hope bb requires.

Spin
    Free Member

I thought you needed a special tool for the Hope one

You do and at the price it’s clearly intended as a bike shop only job. Still, if it saves me replacing a bb every few months I’m happy to give the LBS my custom.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help with 2012 Zesty 314 Bottom Bracket.’ is closed to new replies.