• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by rob2.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help – What £1000 Full sus frame?
  • rob2
    Free Member

I’ve got a grand to buy a new full sus frame.

Want something with 120-130mm rear travel for mainly local xc trails plus occasional trips to Afan and Cwmcarn. Don’t need anything burly and looking for something sub 6.5lbs.

Any recommendations? Was thinking of a Hemlock, trance? What else is out there?

dicky
    Free Member

I’m not sure if you can get them frame only, but if you can I’d go for a Fuel EX.

ro63rt
    Free Member

Orange 5

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sootyandjim
    Free Member

If you are looking at a Trance then if you shop wisely you could buy a complete bike for £1000.

Sell the bits you don’t want on eBay or on here and build it back up with your own bits.

kelvin

Hem… oh, you’ve already mentioned that yourself.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

You don’t say if you are transferring parts from another bike or building from scratch though.

solamanda
    Free Member

Trance, they’re blinding as a trail bike.

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

Just got myself a cotic hemlock…

very impressed with it!

Paceman
    Free Member

Pace RC405 😀

tecywill
    Free Member

I’ve got a fully built medium/18″ Giant Reign that id except around £1000 for? Pic and spec in my post.

tinribz
    Free Member

Save some cash and get a KHS XC-604

Bike Radar Verdict

” Probably the best suspension bike under £1,000, this is a brilliantly designed and superbly controlled machine that feels equally at home on steady climbs, rocky descents and high speed singletrack. “

It might be KHS, but at least it’s not a Specialozed 😉 Still not sure where you’d buy one from though.

rob2
    Free Member

Cool – cheers.

Sootyandjim – I’m building up from bits I’m transferring from another bike so just looking for the frame.

I’m thinking Pace RC405 if I can get one a bit cheaper, or a Hemlock.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help – What £1000 Full sus frame?’ is closed to new replies.