Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Help – Rockshock Reba lockout blue dial circlip needed
  • iainc

I lost mine last night in a tumble. Have been phonimg round a few shops but no one seems to have them and SRAM have none either apparently. It's probably a standard item – anyone got a few spare lying about ??

Cheers

retro83
    Free Member

No sorry but you can get them in halfords if you're desperate

iainc

might try that, thanks – any idea of size ? don't have my old one to measure !!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think I might have one (Or at least a new one similar) in my toolbox. Email me if you can't find one and I'll stick one in the post for you. 🙂

iainc

Peter – very kind, have mailed you, Thanks

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'll have a look tonight mate, but I'm 90% sure I'll have one. 🙂

Northwind

I'ev got a big box of circlips in the garage, spent £4 to get about 1000 rather than spending £3 for one… So if PeterPoddy can't help, let me know, they're not rockshox specific but I can send a wee selection, one's likely to fit.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've just stuck the one he needs in an envelope to post tomorrow. 🙂

Northwind

Awesome, I get all the credit for having offered without ever having to get out of my chair 🙂 Nice one PP.

iainc

Peter and Northwind – many thanks to you both. Good ole stw to the rescue again, never fails to impress me !

drfunkenstein57
    Free Member

I have exactly the same problem, Reba sl, blue dial motion control & no circlip.

I know it’s been many months since the original posts & it’s long shot but,if PeterPoddy or Northwind have got any spares left, I would be very grateful for any source of replacement.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh ooh ooh!

I had this exact same problem, after snapping mine.

What I did, right, was I got a washer roughly the same size, and snipped a small section out using cutters. Then bunged it on, and used some pliers to squeeze it ‘closed’. Works perfectly. 🙂

I think Halfords sell little circlips, or local motor factors.

drfunkenstein57
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll try that. Gotta be better than doing nothing & then losing my top cap while out riding.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

a paper clip cut up and wound round would also work as a SHORT term fix

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Pleased to report my washer fix has now done a few off-road rides, and is still firmly in place. 🙂

drfunkenstein57
    Free Member

Nice one, I think I will order one of those.

drfunkenstein57
    Free Member

Got a box of 64 various sized circlips from silverline,found the one I wanted & fitted it. jobs a good un’

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

One pound fifty six for the entire box and contents? Bargain!

A bike shop would probbly charge you more than that just for the circlip…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Help – Rockshock Reba lockout blue dial circlip needed’ is closed to new replies.