Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help reverb gurus. Sinking feeling
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

If I sit or push down on the reverb stealth it goes down by about 2cm, and it stays down.
    Im sure that this started happening after a bleed as I noticed the remote wasn’t extending back properly (bleed didn’t help anyway).

Had a full service from tftuned two months ago.

After a bit of googling some suggest trapped air creating the ‘pocket’ but I would of thought O rings would of been replaced during the service.

Anyway it could related to the connector underneath?

Going to ring TF tomorrow but just wanted peoples thoughts.

Ta

tillydog
    Free Member

The “remote wasn’t extending back properly” is probably related to fluid loss from the remote circuit, so could be related to the connector – it just takes a couple of drops of oil lost to stop the remote working properly. Any sign of ‘oilyness’ on any of the hose joints is cause for concern.

The last part of the bleed needs to be done with a syringe pushing oil through the system. If you try and pull oil through the system with a syringe, it will pull the remote button in and it won’t work properly.

The ‘goes down by about 2cm, and it stays down’ is a bit odd – if air has got into the post fluid (totally separate from the remote fluid), the usual symptoms are that the post feels spongy – it compresses when you weight it, but springs back after.

Two things to check for (don’t necessarily explain the behavior, but may complicate matters):

1) Overtightened seat clamp;
    2) Kinked hose.

Easiest way to eliminate these is to see if the behaviour changes if you operate the post outside the frame.

IA

Been lifting the bike by the saddle with the reverb down?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Check the air pressure in it. If it’s low then there is no pressure to push the poppet valve back closed. That would stop the remote returning fully even after a bleed.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Air pressure is fine, checked that.

I’ve no idea if I’ve lifted the bike with it down, Isn’t it a myth that it causes damage?

IA

Not damage but that’s a good way to pull air past the seals and get your symptoms.

Matt-P
    Free Member

Been lifting the bike by the saddle with the reverb down?

Sorry for jumping on the thread, but yes! And now I’ve got a 2cm drop each time I weight it 🙁

Will I die? What’s the fix?

IA

Will I die? What’s the fix?

Death comes to us all.

Bleed the post (not the lever).

darrenspink
    Free Member

The ‘goes down by about 2cm, and it stays down’ is a bit odd – if air has got into the post fluid (totally separate from the remote fluid), the usual symptoms are that the post feels spongy – it compresses when you weight it, but springs back after.

Ok so it returns a ‘little’ bit after a push it down but its not a squashy feel when you push and. Checked seat post clamp isn’t too tight, airs ok. Another pointer is that if I push it all the way down then extend it goes up smoothly but then I have to pull it up to get it past the 2cm blackhole.

Called TF and they weren’t sure as well.

Bloody reverbs eh, might just get another brand x dropper in the future.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

As Tillydog said above -It sounds to me like it needs a bleed again,taking care to do it with adjuster in the minus position and flush out all possible air in the line with fresh fluid ,close seat bleed port and then add pressure to trigger syringe whilst pushing trigger a few times in and out finishing off with the button pressured into the out position remove syringe and seal up the bleed port.
    Hopefully this will enable trigger button movement to now plunge the internal graduated poppet valve deeper and open more to allow proper fast flow of oils and movement of post again…..if not TFTuned may need it back.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help reverb gurus. Sinking feeling’ is closed to new replies.