Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 155 total)
  • Help required thinking up a new Brand name
  • hudders
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m in the midst of starting a company with a friend making bike components, My friend is a CNC machinist and very into Bikes and Motorbikes and I used to own a bike shop but now work from home selling online.

I’m lacking in imagination and I’m struggling to think of a catchy name for our brand, I have thought of a few things regarding the name though.

One to two words max.

Needs to be easy to remember and easy to spell.

Must be unused by anyone, I did come up with Lucky13, But it’s used by a clothing brand in the US, and a tattoo shop over here.

Can use words like Tech, Machine, Brit.

Don’t use bike words as we never know if we will make other things outside of the bike market.

It can be funny, cheeky, rude(ish), relevant or irrelevant, or it can be a completely new word or words but again it must be easy to spell.

As a way of a thank you to anyone that comes up with a name we end up using, we will customise a part we make just for you, could do a different finish and maybe your name engraved in it, but after reading a recent post regarding names on bikes maybe not.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Jamie
    Free Member

War Bastard.

NormalMan

Brit Tech Machining.

😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    leythervegas
    Free Member

I was going to have a good think but I give up, I’ll never beat ‘war bastard’ it’s brilliant

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Bike Brits

project
    Free Member

BBC NC MACHINING

British Bike Computerised Numerically Controlled Machining

thepurist

Yeah Jamie has it.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I did come up with Lucky13, But it’s used by a clothing brand in the US, and a tattoo shop over here.

Do either of those reasons matter? I’m just asking like, I’ve no idea, but rightly or wrongly I’m thinking that it only matters if they have some sort of commercial connection ie one could be mistaken for the other (in simple terms). I don’t think tattooing and bikes will have any commercial crossover, is the US clothing brand in the UK?.

shermer75
    Free Member

Weyland-Yutani Corporation

misinformer
    Free Member

Specialized machine…when the law suit begins you know you will get free publicity galore

Harry_the_Spider

Monkey Z.

geoffj

Do either of those reasons matter? I’m just asking like, I’ve no idea, but rightly or wrongly I’m thinking that it only matters if they have some sort of commercial connection ie one could be mistaken for the other (in simple terms). I don’t think tattooing and bikes will have any commercial crossover.

Indeed, the high class male clothing fashion chain – and that snowboard pant company.
    or Tea / Beer

It probably make sense to go for something unique though.

More info needed though – where will it be based?

Leku
    Free Member

Roubaix Bike Bits.

leythervegas
    Free Member

StormTech, BritStorm, BritSpit and my favourite so far BritSpunk

Sorry, I’m at my lads cricket training and have nothing to do!

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Britech?
    Britexx?
    Unique Mill?
    Unimill?

misinformer
    Free Member

Another good point try not to let the world know you just CNC machine bike bits as they are generally shit when made this way …its not the 90’s anymore

crankrider
    Free Member

I like buying made in england if i can – your friend own a machine-shop or just a worker in one?

One of these exciting, the other less so (not meaning to sound like a dick)

No idea on names, sorry, crap at that stuff but looking at other bike names it really makes no difference if it is anything to do with bikes or not…

Super Brit Components, Hope Machine Tech, Brit Works Components…. oh wait…..

beefheart
    Free Member

Sewage Components.

crankrider
    Free Member

Another good point try not to let the world know you just CNC machine bike bits as they are generally shit when made this way …its not the 90’s anymore

Christ, what a load of jibberish! – ‘Misinformer’ is quite apt here!

Most of the quality parts on a bike are either cnc machined or at least finish machined from forging.

Pedals, stems, seatpost, seatclamp, chainring, chainset, hubs, headset, frame components like headtube, bb, linkages, etc….need i go on?

Do you ride a £70.00 halfords bike or something?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Britech Machina ?

Bitchmonkey Machismo!

but tbh I really like War Bastard. But if you call it that your products have to be ace, as in Works Components good.

chilled76
    Free Member

MechTech

TiTech Components

Millspeed

Britspeed industries

Flowmill

beaker

It need an STW link… I’m thinking “Backdoor Components”, “Picolax Parts” or “Shed Beard”

IGMC

misinformer
    Free Member

Your definition of quality is so far off the mark it beggars belief theres bike quality, generally shit materials. For the record most parts you will buy for a bike will cost less than the raw billets of material we use for machining low service life components.

machined from forging

otherwise shutup you tool

crankrider
    Free Member

machined from forging

You dont have a clue, do you, so would rather call people a ‘tool’ than explain your ‘misinformation’…

vinnyeh

Up Front (Manufacturing, Machining, whatever’s)
    UK Front
    UKIP Front
    National Front

Android
    Free Member

CNCustom

CNComponents

Nutbashers

Gringlebits

Ganglebuffers

or combinations of the above 😕

legend
    Free Member

ENDURO

Might as well get going with a good bandwagon

chilled76
    Free Member

Racelight components

Precision Parts

BBE (Brit born engineering)

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Our Glorious People’s Tractor and Dangerous Toy Company ltd

vinnyeh

Our Glorious People’s Tractor and Dangerous Toy Company ltd

“Ltd” might be the most important part of that name..

thegreatape
    Free Member

Do you mean shut down your tool?

wiggles
    Free Member

Brit-bits

BritTech

Tech-machine-wonder-brit

dazzlingboy

Dangerous Toy Company ltd

This is good.

hudders
    Free Member

Wow, didn’t expect so many post so quick, there is some right funny names being thought, war bastard coming out of nowhere, but don’t think thats it and throw in the towel, keep them coming.

Crankrider, My mate James is the head machinist for a company his cousin owns.

Regarding the Lucky13 name, I didn’t want to use a name thats already in use to save hassles, plus if they already have the .co.uk and .com, it cuts down on people finding us, although having said all that, maybe I should look into that a bit more.

Brit Bits and Brit Tech is another one that I have thought about and then shelved due to the name being used.

Yes maybe I should call myself Specialized or Shima No and watch all the free publicity come roiling in.

damascus
    Free Member

What are your names?

Maybe we can come up with something funny and catchy from that.

And relevant

nicko74

Use your stw username, plus something generic that encompasses biking.

Hudders’ Field Components

misinformer
    Free Member

Do you mean shut down your tool?

No but that’s the closest he will be to being useful

crankrider
    Free Member

Your definition of quality is so far off the mark it beggars belief theres bike quality, generally shit materials. For the record most parts you will buy for a bike will cost less than the raw billets of material we use for machining low service life components.

What the hell are you on about?

Are you suggesting 7075T6 aluminium is a shit material in terms of aluminium, and this is what many many bike components are made from?

Care to inform me of a ‘better’ or more expensive choice of aluminium as my Mech engineering degree and 5 years experience in industry seem to be failing me! F1 and Aerospace seem happy with it after all….

Your company needs to take a look at the position you are employed in…. you have been ‘misinformed’ and are out to misinform…

Jamie
    Free Member

CNC Music Factory.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2VQQEoWlTg[/video]

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Machine Heads

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 155 total)

The topic ‘Help required thinking up a new Brand name’ is closed to new replies.