Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help removing 2016 orange five shock
  • applesandoranges23
    Free Member

Photo

Hi I have upgraded my shock on my 16 five, however I’m trying to get my old shock off and I’m having a nightmare doing it.

The shock will drop of fine on the rear bolts but at the front I cannot for the life of me get it off. I have tried using a hammer, I’ve tried using a rubber hammer handle to lever the front of the shock off, I’ve tried using a cloth and screwdriver and it’s still stuck. I’ve even tried threading a cable tie around the front shock mount and still no luck.

What is surprising is the bikes just got back from orange for a respray and orange recently removed it and reinstalledinstalled it so it’s not as if it’s not come of the bike in years.

Any advice would be appreciated.

plus-one

Persuader 🙂

elliptic
    Free Member

Possibly an insultingly obvious question but have you tapped out the axle/pivot that the bolts screw into each end of? That photo looks to me like it’s still in.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    submarined
    Free Member

Make sure you’ve got all the other drawers closed first.

applesandoranges23
    Free Member

Done but Nope still not budging

submarined
    Free Member

More helpfully, I can’t zoom in on my phone, but is there absolutely definitely not some form of sleeve through the centre that’s still there, as above?! Does it move even the tiniest amount?

applesandoranges23
    Free Member

Possibly an insultingly obvious question but have you tapped out the axle/pivot that the bolts screw into each end of? That photo looks to me like it’s still in.

Lmao I’m an idiot , it was that I didn’t even think it was a bolt! If it makes me look any less simple it’s the first time I’ve done it 🙁

Lil , thanks mate

applesandoranges23
    Free Member

Sorted thanks and try not to laugh to much , I’ve been on an hour trying to get a shock out whilst the bolt is still in 😁😁😁😁😁. Get me the gun !

Ah well I’ll know for next time 😁

elliptic
    Free Member

No probs we’ve all been there 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help removing 2016 orange five shock’ is closed to new replies.