• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by db.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Help – Removable Awning T5
  • andyfla
    Free Member

Afternoon all,
    I have a converted T5 panel van with a pop top and I want a sun/rain awning for the side, but as it is only going to get occasional use I want to be able to remove it when generally driving around – I know you can do this on a factory spec California with a vw rail but I can only find permanent bolt on options for what I have.
    I have spoken to the local vw van dealer and he said it maybe possible but they didn’t know how to do it so couldn’t help.
    I am not after a drive away awning yet as that is another conversation for another time

So I put it to the hive mind

pictonroad

Easy. any number of awning rails riveted to the van and then a sun canopy attached to that.

Google sun canopy not awning.

andyfla
    Free Member

i cant seem to find awning rails that work with a pop top, I shall try google again as suggested

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Loads of awning rails work with pop tops. I have a Reimo roof and a Reimo multirail. Normally use the rail with a tarp type canopy or a big driveaway if we’re staying somewhere for a few days.

I believe you can get clamps for a Fiamma type wind-out awning/canopy which temporarily fix to the Reimo rail although I’m not sure I’d want something that heavy hanging off it.

andyfla
    Free Member

Awesome, I shall ask around – my mistake I think was trying to find something that would take a Fiamma type wind out awning
    Cheers All

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Loads of awning rails work with pop tops. I have a Reimo roof and a Reimo multirail.

Unlike Dave, I never actually use it. But it is there to fit onto the Kyam awning if I wanted to.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I ‘hid’ my awning rail under the pop-top, as I only use it while fully camped-up.

Works well.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Look for fiammma caravanstore.

It’s a roll out awning in a canvas bag you affix to the awning rail on the van

joefm

stitches and steel do a nice one, as do Khymer.

spectabilis
    Free Member

have a look at these guys too.

Home

trail_rat
    Free Member

side track question here …

but what are the advantages of a roll out awning over say something from the bus shelter ?

– other than the fact i cannot have an awning rail on the side of my van im struggling to stump up the extra for the roof mounted roll out over just bodging a tarp on when i need it …..

99percentchimp
    Free Member

Kiravan RailSail Here

Straight onto a Reimo awning rail fitted below the pop top – can have the awning on with the roof up or down – nice and taught and can be set low to shed poor weather with telescopic poles – nicely made.

db

Reimo roof and a Reimo multirail here.

The multirail is a frightening price. I use it with a Vango airbeam awning or http://www.khyam.co.uk/shop/canopies-annexes/sun-canopy-roof/ if its just for a night or 2

db

db

@trail_rat

Advantages;
    -you don’t need to guy it/peg it out
    -you can extend different amounts
    -you can roll it up when wet and not have to store a bag of wet canvas in the van

Don’t have one on the current van but have had in the past

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Help – Removable Awning T5’ is closed to new replies.