Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Help!….Recommend me a tablet please
  • Vader
    Free Member

Me and the princess are after a tablet, something we can take away on holiday to check emails, weather forecasts and do a bit of work admin. Maybe watch a movie or two.

Ideally it would have outlook/office on it for the work stuff and looking at word or excel docs.

Price wise we have a max budget of £150 but nearer £100 would be nice. Are we in moon on a stick territory here? Neither of us are into techy stuff so any advice/recommendations would be appreciated

So far I have fondled a Huwaei t3 mediapad and a Samsung Tab a8. The spytab seemed very slick for the money but reviews seem mixed

Cheers

Gunz
    Free Member

I always recommend my Lenovo Yoga. The battery life is really good and the stand is good for films as are the surprisingly competent built-in speakers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-10-1-Inch-Tablet-Slate-Black/dp/B01IUA6FFA

rossburton
    Free Member

Refurb iPad from Argos on eBay!

CraigW
    Free Member

Can get the Huawei Mediapad T5 for about £120. It is better specs than the T3, eg higher res screen, faster processor, and newer Android version etc.

I’m happy with my Huawei tablet anyway (M5 Lite, bit more expensive). Good screen and speakers etc. The default EMUI is annoying, but can install a better launcher.

That Lenovo Yoga is neat design, but rather outdated now.

Gunz
    Free Member

Craig, I’ve never felt my Lenovo to be particularly lacking, what do the more modern ones do that’s any different (genuine question, I’m no great techie).

CraigW
    Free Member

Craig, I’ve never felt my Lenovo to be particularly lacking, what do the more modern ones do that’s any different (genuine question, I’m no great techie).

The older processor and not much memory means it could be slow running some apps.
    Also stuck with an older Android version (v7?). The newer versions do have a variety of improvements. Some apps might require a newer version.
    I’m sure it will work fine for now, but I wouldn’t buy a new one.

Gunz
    Free Member

Cheers Craig (another night owl I see).

blokeuptheroad

I’ve had a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 inch for the last 5 years and it’s still doing sterling service. Apart from a slightly reduced time between charges it looks and performs as good as new. When (if) it dies I will buy another.

mogrim

I’ve had a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 inch for the last 5 years and it’s still doing sterling service.

Likewise, no complaints here. Although I suspect it’ll soon stop updating (if it hasn’t stopped already), the last security fix seems to be from March last year.

blokeuptheroad

Likewise, no complaints here. Although I suspect it’ll soon stop updating (if it hasn’t stopped already), the last security fix seems to be from March last year.

@mogrim
    , just checked and mine last updated on 1st January 2019 😮

mogrim

@blokeuptheroad just double checked, and same here. Installed it in March but the fix dates to 01/01/19.

matt_outandabout

I’m on the first use of a Galaxy Tab 10.1, a hand me down from work.

Having got rid of the annoying Samsung apps and put Google products on, with Outlook and SharePoint for work, is flying along.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Huawei Mediapad T5 32gb from John Lewis. Literally just ordered one today.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Help!….Recommend me a tablet please’ is closed to new replies.