Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • help pls – alps location
  • ganders
    Free Member

last year I did a weeks trip to Morzine with The Lads (all of us 40+ so the term is used loosely). This year I am heading back tot he alps again but with the wife, who is a non-rider. Plan is for us to chill togteher in the morning, me ride in the afternoon while she chills by the pool. Then meet up for apres beers, and eat out in town after a few more beers.

My question is, other than morzine where else is there?

I’ve skied at chamonix and 3 valleys etc, but i do not know about the lift assisted riding available.

Open to all suggestions…..

Discuss.

ton

courcheval, la tania, meribel is nice for what you want.
    la tania has a open air heated swimming pool and a nice little shop/bar/cafe area.

and the lift system in the 3 valleys is open in the summer daily.

elredso
    Free Member

you could try trail addiction ? the mrs and I are off with them in july – after having heard a lot of good things – I beleive they do a non – rider reduced rate too

on the plus side for you – full guiding and also a group to ride with

maybe worth a look – the prices seem very reasoneable

trailaddiction.com

fogliettaz
    Free Member

Bourg St Maurice, France or Riva del Garda, Italy.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

+1 for Garda, must be as good as it gets for a non-rider (and pretty good for riding too).

Plenty to do in Chamonix too.

wallop

Finale Ligura sounds suitable.

Or San Sebastien.

wallop

Neither are Alps though!

tmb467
    Free Member

chamonix was shit last year – only Le Tour / Vallorcine and the lower part of Flegere was really open

lifts were open to the mid-station of Argentiere so you could go across the petit balcon nord back to Chamonix (great ride)

went to brevent but they’d stopped all upkeep on the trails…from what we were told, the new mayor is trying to push bikers out and keep it to skiers/walkers

we ended up in Morzine / Les Gets for a day, with the other three days in Chamonix

ddmonkey

Near to Morzine, Samoens is lovely and you could try

http://www.chalet365.com/

Very nice.

edsbike
    Free Member

Another vote for Samoens, lovely town and fewer people high fiving about being rad than Morzine. Nice restaurants and bars but not too busy in the summer, mainly locals.

I’ve been a couple of times (friends parents run a chalet there, ski-massif.com) but I’ve heard since the last time 3 years ago that they’ve opened up the lifts for the summer.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

+1 for Garda.

Superb tech’ descents; Italian food; German beer 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘help pls – alps location’ is closed to new replies.