Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help please! Road straight steerer carbon disc fork
  • stonster
    Free Member

OK, so I need some help please…I want to upgrade my road bike to disc brakes, but it’s a straight steerer frame (1 1/8th). So I need to find a
    – road (not cx)
    – carbon
    – disc
    – flat mount
    -1 1/8
    – straight steerer
    Fork, that doesn’t weigh a ton

I feel like I can’t be the only one who wants to upgrade an older frame this way. But thus far my Internet searches have failed.

Can stw help? Does it even exist? !

scotroutes

What are you defining as the difference between road and CX.

Straight steerer AND Flat Mount is a difficult pair of criteria. Opting for Post or IS and then changing caliper or using an adapter will open up options.

Daffy

You may not be the only one, but how many people exist in this market?

Trying to adapt an old frame to the most modern standard of road discs?

You might just get one that fits post mount, there were quite a few road, disc, straight, 365mm AC, 28mm suitable forks on ebay when last i was looking. Hylix rings a bell.

stonster
    Free Member

Good question. Not much I guess… not loads of tyre clearance or super heavy duty. Do they have different geometry?

joebristol

I’d be surprised if you find one for flat mount with all the other stuff. Might find one for post mount I suppose.

WildHunter2009

Pretty sure Genesis have a brand new carbon fork designed as an upgrade to the Croix bikes? Full carbon, flat mount etc but probably a bit overbuilt for pure road? Might be worth a look?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help please! Road straight steerer carbon disc fork’ is closed to new replies.