Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help please. Road Race marshals guide.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

I’ve only got a few minutes net access today, so would some kind sould find something for me?

There is a guide on BC somewhere that shows where red flag marshals should stand at junctions.
    I’ve had a look and couldn’t find it.

Could someone please help. I’ll be back here about 6pm and I need to do a breifing tonight.

Thanks

trail_rat
    Free Member

just remind them that they have no power to stop the traffic….. we have this issue constantly folk thinking a red flag gives them the right to stop the traffic – the red flag is for the riders not traffic

motorcycle outriders will do it though – but they are properly trained to do so.

crazy-legs

trail_rat: yes and no, there’s some new signage which is being trialled at the moment – legally empowered signage similar to school crossing patrols.
    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/article/roa20110921-New-Developments-in-Road-Marshaling-0 (article from last year).

oldgit: the guide got taken down because of the new signage stuff coming through and everything being updated but BC still have some of the old Road Race Organiser handbooks – give them a call or email and get them to send one out to you.

kilo
    oldgit
    Free Member

Cheers gentlemen.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help please. Road Race marshals guide.’ is closed to new replies.