Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help please, has my gmail account been hacked?
  • mtbmaff
    Free Member

Can’t access my gmail account, it is telling me that the user name or password is incorrect. I haven’t changed anything in years. Went on to gmail home page and tried to log in there and a message appeared telling me that they have noticed unusual activity has been taking place and that I should run anti-virus software to remove any malware?
    Also they wanted me to give them my phone number so they could send me a verification text, is this usual or would I be just giving over more information?
    I am an Apple user so don’t have anti-virus software on this iPad or my iPhone but have it on my iMac , is there anything I can do to help clear this up?
    Matt.

kcal
    mrjmt
    Free Member

I’ve just started a new thread about this as it seems strange that a few STW users have been hacked this week!

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Thanks for that kcal, seems to be sorted now 🙂

oxnop
    Free Member

I got the same message yesterday.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I had some funky goings on on mine the other day??

jonjones262
    Free Member

I sold some forks to a guy on here a couple of weeks ago, I’ve started getting random emails from him. Looks like they go to his whole address book…

DrP

I too sold some forks, and am now getting spam from the buyer!

DrP

retro83
    Free Member

got the ‘account accessed from Turkey’ message this week as well, though it is not my STW account. Either complete coincidence or one of the bike shops DB got hacked perhaps.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help please, has my gmail account been hacked?’ is closed to new replies.