Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help please. Fox fork axle fallen to bits
  • twonks

Arghhhhh, we are due to leave for a weeks mtb holiday.

Wet to put the front wheel on and the through axle on the Fox 36 spun round and the lever came off, leaving the wheel loose in the fork and no means of getting it tight or out.

Any ideas what to do please?

phil56

If it’s non-boost I have a spare one I can send you if you can get the broken one out

tjagain

is it broken or just come apart? If its loose you should be able to unscrew it without the lever. the lever usually has( I don’t know this specific one) a long screw thread attached which goes to some form of expanding end to lock the axle in place

singlespeedstu

Can you get a hex key in the opposite end of the axle?
    If you’re in The Borders I can lend you a spare boost axle.

twonks

Cheers guys. It is a boost fork and the lever section appears to have unscrewed itself from the main axle. There is about an inch of thread attached to it and at the mo I’m not sure if this has snapped or is as it is supposed to be.

Will do some more investigation this afternoon as the holiday departure has been delayed. Fortunately it is only a drive to Wales.

Delayed as we’re sat outside the emergency vet with a poorly cat.

Holidays are supposed to be relaxing !

jimmy748

Fox 15mm axles are held together by that stupid little threaded rod, just screw the lever back on, then remove the whole thing, throw it in the spares box and fit a Burgtec front axle.

twonks

Solved for now. Thanks for the advice, as always 🙂

In case anybody finds this thread with the same problem, I got my axle out by partially threading the lever back on, removing the bit on the other side that holds the nut in position and tapping the lever with a mallet to push the whole axle and nut out the other side.

At that point I could undo the nut and pull the axle through.

Fortunately I have a set of 34 on my hardtail so am able to steal that axle for the jollies.

Will be buying new when we get back though as this Fox system is pants!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help please. Fox fork axle fallen to bits’ is closed to new replies.