Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • HELP (please!) Deore 596 bleed problem….
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

New 596’s fitted.
    Hoses too long and lever feel / a quick rider up and down the road indicates they need a bleed.
    Using the Epic Bleeds 2 syringe kit I shorten and bleed the rear brake with just minor dramas… so long 1 x new set of brake pads…. 🙄

Moving on to the the front (not sure it means anything but, it was by far the worst of the two brakes ‘out of the box’ – lever pulling to the handle bars pretty easily). Hose shortened. Bleed kit set up. I push the syringe at the caliper end. Unlike the rear, where gentle pressure saw the lever syringe fill, the front feels it needs a touch more pressure but, result = fluid not going into the syringe but coming out from under the reservoir cover… 😐

Any thoughts, please?
    Cheers
    Chris

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

I had exactly the same thing happen to me this week.
    I wound up using the lever syringe like shimano funnel, by taking the plunger out. Otherwise the friction of pushing the plunger up in the syringe seemed to be too much for the reservoir seal.

marsdenman
    Free Member

cheers, franciscobegbie, oddly enough, i’d wondered if that might be the case – so, i’ve just bleed it again, this time, easing the plunger out on the lever syringe as I pushed down on the piston end. It appears to have worked…
    In the meantime it is now pouring with rain so a testing / bedding in ride is on hold.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘HELP (please!) Deore 596 bleed problem….’ is closed to new replies.