Help please: Cotic Soul MK3 build valuation to sell.

Home Forum Bike Forum Help please: Cotic Soul MK3 build valuation to sell.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Help please: Cotic Soul MK3 build valuation to sell.
  • Why not just sell the frame and buy a full suss frame instead?

hora

+1. I never ever buy full bikes. Only sale-frames.

Most new bikes have *70% bland bits on.

*Source hora & hora associates 2010.01.3

I agree with Hora. First time for everything!

matther01

Hora’s right…he’s had more frames than the Louvre 😀

hora

😆 OP Im selling this 😉 singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-commencal-meta-5-frame-large-2

Premier Icon _daveR
    Subscriber

Is it a large frame? If so, I may have that off you.

albino

Just wondering if anyone can help with valuing my bike as I’m going to be selling it and getting a short travel full susser (4” or less). I was thinking about splitting but I think selling it complete will give me more options when it comes to purchasing. The frame is less than a year old but with other components of varying years. Any advice will be much appreciated.

http://s79.photobucket.com/user/albino1975/library/Soul

Spec is:
    Cotic Soul Mk3 purchased in September 2012.
    • There are small cable rub marks on the head-tube and seat-tube from where I changed the brake cable routing and length and forgot to re-tape taking the new routing into account.
    • Some chainsuck damage on chainstay.
    • 2 little-dots where at the rearend/wishbone (Has been covered – have paint recommended by Cotic to touch-up).
    Hope Headset (2012)
    Hope BB (2011)
    Easton Haven Alloy Riser Bars (2012)
    Easton Haven 50mm stem (2012)
    Magura Thor Fork (2010) No remote – I just run at 130mm
    Raceface Deus XC Cranks (2010) with Blackspire Bashring (2012)
    Hope X2 Brakes with Ashima rotors – Recently bled at LBS(2010)
    DT Swiss EX500 wheelset (2009)
    XT Front Mech
    SRAM X0 rear mech (2009)
    SRAM PG990 Redwin Cassette (2012)
    New Sram chain

Asides from any specific mentioned, everything else is in good condition for the year. It has been on plenty of long rides throughout the Autumn and Winter but isn’t doing my dodgy back any good.
    Thanks in advance, Al

albino

I did think about selling just the frame originally but I’d have more options moving forward. Probably looking at getting something a bit more XC oriented, (although nothing race based)but would probably be looking at, at least, a new fork if I went frame only.
    As it is, there are quite a few full bikes around (not new) that would fit the bill – but not many frame only deals.
    Looking at something like a Fuel ex8, Cannondale RZ120, Whyte T120 or maybe something more like a Meta4, St4 or even a Hemlock.

albino

Dave – If that’s about the Soul, it’s a medium.

Hora – Did see your frame earlier but I’m looking at 4″ travel max. (Nice frame though)!

hora

I’d say £650. Seriously.

Frame 280?
    Fork 180? Etc.

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

If you split it I reckon you’d get around £1200 max. As a whole bike a bit less – not a huge demand for used bikes over £1k without warranty

albino

Quite a difference, although obviously different scenarios. Am I allowed to pick one!!? 😆
    TBH I was thinking somewhere between those 2 although probably more on frame valuation. I’ve not really kept up with prices but Hora’s valuation seems like a steep drop for a 9 month old, well-thought of frame (even though it’s not in mint condition).
    Maybe it’s one for Ebay and see what the market decides?

hora

Its not just the frame though. If I was buying a newshape cotic I’d look for newish bits alround but most importantly mid/high end Fox or Rev RC3/RLT etc etc.
    The frame new is 499 with warranty? So with marks etc 280 is fair? Maybe 300.

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

Albino – I split and sold a rock lobster 853 a few months ago, Reba’s and XT, all in good condition, I got about £750 all in, and the frame went for £100, being the oldest bit. The only bits I didn’t sell were the cables 🙂

That’s where I started in figuring what yours could be worth.

Most sold on here, frame to a mate. Postage of the bits probs took £50 plus off the above fig

Premier Icon _daveR
    Subscriber

Albino, no worries then. I’ve got a medium Soda mk1 (without cracks!) that is just a bit small for me. Want to swap to a large soul instead.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Help please: Cotic Soul MK3 build valuation to sell.’ is closed to new replies.