• This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by poah.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help: Older Fox Vanilla RC shock spring advice…
  • disasterarea
    Free Member

I’ve got myself an older 222×70 Fox Vanilla RC… The spring installed is a newer Nukeproof Shockwave spring (fox DHX fitment), now the coil hits the piggyback on the shock when compressed and if not centred on the retainers correctly (OD/ID seems far to big)

Does anyone know of a spring that will fit correctly, I’ve heard, or maybe I’ve just made it up, that Zocchi springs have a smaller ID/OD….

Hope someone can help me find a correctly fitting coil or maybe have an old one kicking around I could use/buy/have. 550-650lb would be good.

Thanks Folks!!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not sure of exactly what you need but I do know that the dhx is a larger diameter than than vanilla.

What rate and free length/stroke do you need?

disasterarea
    Free Member

All I know is I need something around the 600lb mark, 2.75″ stroke and I have no idea about free length (is that the overall length of the coil?)

Cheers

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yes, freelength is the overall length of the spring. Needs to be less than the distance between the C-ring and preload collar.

disasterarea
    Free Member

The coil that is on measures 156mm with around 15mm of thread left.

poah
    Free Member

you need a specific van spring, the other fox ones don’t fit properly.

disasterarea
    Free Member

Looks like I’m stuck then… Don’t think I’ll be able to find a (2005ish) Vanilla spring In the correct length and rate.

disasterarea
    Free Member

Anyone know if the Zocchi springs will fit?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Have you tried mojo? Failing that, a wanted ad? I’ve several spare springs kicking around but all too short for you I’m afraid.

disasterarea
    Free Member

Thanks onzadog…. I have a wanted ad up. Haven’t spoken to mojo yet, this will be my last resort. Haven’t had much luck lately with bike related gear…. Hopefully someone will come through for me

poah
    Free Member

standard van RC spring will probably fit

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help: Older Fox Vanilla RC shock spring advice…’ is closed to new replies.