Help – Noob needs help with a road / cx bike.

Home Forum Bike Forum Help – Noob needs help with a road / cx bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Help – Noob needs help with a road / cx bike.
  • Give it a couple of years and I’m sure you’ll see a different picture.

I’m less than convinced,

CX- yes
    commuting – maybe/yes, I’d prefer a commuter to be cheep and simple
    winter – maybe/yes I f****** hate crap weather, I’d rather do 2×20 on the turbo, but can se the appeal on a kaffencback
    Racers – no, appart from changes to rims where’s the advantage, and any tiny advantage gained from fully aero rims is going to be canceled out by the callipers?

The stuff from colnago, pinarello etc are just marketing IMO, make a goog looking bike with disks and every magazine int he world want’s to print a pic, brilliant advertising! How many C59 disks do you actualy think will be sold?

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

is it me or does this rose 4400 look like it’s got 200mm discs on it?

^^did he just say 55kgs??” a bike that weighs 55KG??!! surely not.

i had assumed it was with loaded panniers.

Not like you fat bastards well build tall fellas will get much of a tow from me at the front

something that occured to me the other day when considering the C2C….

that will definitely get done at some point
    Im sure of it

clubber

You’re wrong jy – just accept it and don’t make yourself look silly 😉

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

is it me or does this rose 4400 look like it’s got 200mm discs on it?

Are you looking at “The Configurator” view? – that shows all the components as you have selected but doesn’t get the scale quite right (not sure if that is on purpose to highlight the difference or just plain wrong).

If you click the spanners you can change components and your choices are reflected in the pic. If you click the little camera icon you can see a proper photo of a built-up bike (but not necessarily featuring the components you have selected).

Germans!

avdave2

^^did he just say 55kgs??” a bike that weighs 55KG??!! surely not.

Sorry what I saying in a not very clear way was that there is only 55KG of me which means a heavier bike has quite a substantial effect on my overall power to weight ratio.

Premier Icon zilog6128
    Subscriber

Sorry what I saying in a not very clear way was that there is only 55KG of me which means a heavier bike has quite a substantial effect on my overall power to weight ratio.

Of course the other way of looking at it is that you’re still doing substantially less work than me on my lightweight carbon jobbie…

avdave2

commuting – maybe/yes, I’d prefer a commuter to be cheep and simple

My off road commuter has a v brake on the back and a BB7 on the front – I know which one I consider to be simpler to set up and maintain and I can see no reason that cable disks should not be able to compete on price with any rim brake that actually works especially if you offset the cost of the rotor itself against the cost of worn rims.

As for real road bikes if the UCI sanction them for road racing you can guarantee that Sky for one will fully test them and let the science decide whether to use them or not.

Premier Icon aazlad
    Subscriber

Cotic >X<. Love mine.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Help – Noob needs help with a road / cx bike.’ is closed to new replies.