Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help needed with trek ex 8
  • adamhood
    Free Member

A friend has brought a 2009/10 trek fuel ex 8 off eBay. Contacted the seller and then went up and settled out of eBay, £750
    He’s just took it into the lbs to have bearings replaced on the pivot, they have just phoned him and said that they’ve done the bearings and the frame is cracked! They didn’t do the crack but want paying for the bearings £100 ( fair enough), if there is no joy from the seller (possibly?!) how do you go about tracking where the bike was brought and duplicating a receipt so he could get the frame replaced under guarantee?

spicer
    Free Member

I think this will be interesting

adamhood
    Free Member

Feel bad for him, car written off now ripped off on replacing his bike!

gaberin
    Free Member

I bought mine second hand and trek didn’t ask for any proof of purchase or anything..
    That was the chain stay.

adamhood
    Free Member

Lbs are asking for original receipt, then they’ll replace frame.

gaberin
    Free Member

Find a nicer lbs? I told them it was second hand but they just contacted trek anyway.
    But the chain stay took 1-2 months to arrive so i’d be sending it back to the person he bought it from if i was him.

coatesy
    Free Member

Trek have always been very good with our warranties, but they always insist on proof of purchase before they’ll consider anything. Also worth remembering that people from Trek UK frequent this forum.

ste_t
    Free Member

Surely if he bought it outside of ebay, presumably paying cash, the seller will most likely tell him to jog on?

adamhood
    Free Member

Update for all,
    Friend text seller and got a reply, he was very good tbf, said sorry and sorted out original receipt within 10 mins, lbs said that as long as the frame doesn’t look abused then they should just replace,

adamhood
    Free Member

Also worth remembering that people from Trek UK frequent this forum.

What would they see? I’m not attacking them, I think it’s good of trek to offer such a good backup on there frames.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help needed with trek ex 8’ is closed to new replies.