• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Help needed please. Tablet for less than £100.
  • bobbyspangles

Hello
    I would like to use a small tablet when coaching, so would prefer not to spend huge amounts as it will be outside and maybe getting wet/dirty etc.
    So being a non tech person would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a worthy 7″er please.
    I will only be using it to take pics/video and surf.

Thanks

cranberry
    Free Member

I’d look for a 2nd hand Nexus 7 ( 1st gen ). They are good, solid tablets.

Note that it won’t be waterproof though.

EDIT: You would need a 2nd gen model for a front and back facing camera for to make videos and take pictures.

nickjb
    Free Member

You’ve just missed a good offer from Tesco on the Galaxy tab 3 but it might be had for a similar price somewhere. You can pick up and Hudl in budget if you have a few clubcard vouchers. Finally a Nexus 7. You won’t get the latest one for under a £100 but you should be able to get a mark 1. None are particularly rugged but should take a bit of dampness and the odd knock if you get a good case

geoffj

I would like to use a small tablet when coaching, so would prefer not to spend huge amounts as it will be outside and maybe getting wet/dirty etc.

So you need a model which you can get a decent rugged case for – Samsung / Nexus / iPad mini
    If you can stretch the budget, an iPad mini is a very goof bit of kit.

flyingmonkeycorps

There’s a second hand Nexus in the classifieds that would probably do the job quite nicely…

bobbyspangles

Thanks, some very useful tips there.

I would be putting it in an otter box type case

Stoner
    Free Member

there’s some cracking deals at morgancomputers on refurb stock:
    http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/c/630/7-Tablets/

flyingmonkeycorps

Actually – the Gen 1 Nexus may not have a camera on the back, which will make it useless for what you want. Probably best check that!

bobbyspangles

Actually – the Gen 1 Nexus may not have a camera on the back, which will make it useless for what you want. Probably best check that!

ah! I will need to take pics using the screen as the viewfinder, so maybe that take the 7 out of the equation?

cranberry
    Free Member

ah! I will need to take pics using the screen as the viewfinder, so maybe that take the 7 out of the equation?

That would put the 1st gen Nexus 7 out of the equation, the later 2nd gen does have a front and back camera.

bobbyspangles

ahaa!

bobbyspangles

seems that takes it out of my budget. Nevermind, will keep looking

hora
    Free Member

Samsung Tab 3 – £80 from Tescos. I’ve got one- doesn’t ‘hang’ and its intuitive.

bobbyspangles

Thanks but buggered if I can find it on Tescos site?

I appreciate you are busy but any chance of a link please?

Stoner
    Free Member

the Tab 3 deal doesnt appear to be online at Tesco.

grade A refurbs are £100 for one at morgan computers
    http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/product_detail/14797/Samsung-Galaxy-TAB-3-7-8GB-1GB-GPS-3MP-Dual-Camera-White/

hora
    Free Member

Ah. Go into a big Tesco store. If there are no tickets on display on the display model- just ask a member of staff. Thats what I did (last weekend).

bobbyspangles

Flippin Tech!

Late adopter woes!

Thank you for all the help so far.

hora
    Free Member

Me too. My tab is my first.

annebr
    Free Member

Dunno if this will help but I saw these at the weekend

£65

http://www.sportsdirect.com/output-x2-7in-android-tablet-896015?colcode=89601503

mav12
    Free Member

asda website have galaxy tab 3 for £79

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

http://Www.hotukdeals.com and search ‘deals’ section for “tablet”, you’ll find all the best and latest prices, and loads of discussion on relative merits in the comments.

nbt

The GPad is sold out online and in all my local stores – I popped down at lunch to ask 🙁

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Help needed please. Tablet for less than £100.’ is closed to new replies.