Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Help – my Facebook competition isn't doing very well!
  • danandem
    Free Member

Im just starting up making my own embroidered designed duvet covers and am running a competition to win one on Facebook to hopefully boost awareness. I posted the competition up the other day but have had hardly anyone enter it. It says over 2400 people have seen it but only 28 people have entered!
    Any honest opinion wanted, is it the product/wording/something on Facebook I’ve not done or clicked etc?
    I’m good with feedback and know its not personal so please tell it like it is if its the product!
    Its on Chloe & Seb
    or https://www.facebook.com/chloeandsebdesigns

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve entered! I need a new duvet cover and a 25:1 chance of winning is worth a go 😀

danandem
    Free Member

Lol – I know- the odds are great!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambalaya
    Free Member

My kids are grown up and no grand kids yet. Not really an adult design IMO. Best of luck with it.

brant
    Free Member

It should be clearer what’s going on…

Hurrah! its competition time. To be in with a chance of winning one of these uniquely embroidered Egyptian cotton single duvet cover with matching pillowcase worth £64.99 just Like, and Comment which duvet set you would like to win, ‘Vehicles’ or ‘Apple Blossom’ (feel free to share and like this page too)
    The winner will be picked at random in 10 days time. (21st Oct) Good Luck!

Huh?

How about…

Like to enter a draw to win one of our hand embroidered duvets? LIKE this page!

Hurrah! It’s competition time. To be in with a chance of winning one of these uniquely embroidered Egyptian cotton single duvet cover with matching pillowcase worth £64.99, please LIKE this page. The winner will be picked at random in 10 days time. (21st Oct) Good Luck!

danandem
    Free Member

Thanks thats really helpful – I’m going to log on now and see if i can still change the wording 🙂

Cougar

On principle, I only LIKE things I actually like, rather than because someone’s tried to bribe me into endorsing something I don’t really care about. I can’t imagine a world where I go about LIKEing duvet covers, no matter how nice they are. But that’s just me being obstinate I expect. (-:

danandem
    Free Member

Hee hee – im guessing single track forum is not really going to be my target audience. I only posted the question on here as I know people on this forum give honest advice rather than the ‘omg thats gorgeous’ stuff you get on netmums 🙂

leffeboy

You’re getting a 1% response rate which I always feel is quite good on this stuff (I’m happy with half of that normally but for a competition it’s different of course). Are you paying for some advertising to get the 2400 up? I suspect that would be more effective than tweaking your wording.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I like the designs but I think the execution is not that great. Stitching seems a bit untidy and haphazard. I know that sounds harsh when written down but I think it’s worth hearing even if you don’t agree. And you shouldn’t be worried about trying to please everyone, there’s every chance that I just don’t appreciate the style that your aiming for.

To take something positive out of that comment I would say that the design is something that takes a lot longer to establish than the technique, which (if you thought it important) could be developed in a relatively short period of time.

danandem
    Free Member

Ive not paid for any boosts or anything as yet.
    its freehand machine sewing so its supposed to look a bit scribbly and hand drawn- I might try to neaten up the next one i do though!

DezB
    Free Member

Huh?

How about…

Like to enter a draw to win one of our hand embroidered duvets? LIKE this page!

I understood it and I never use Facebook! Ah, maybe that actually helped..

woody74

We have tried Facebook competitions in the past and they have not been very successful. At the end of the day you need to bring people to your Facebook page and unless you are very lucky and your page just happens to start trending then it is very hard to get followers. What we have found is that you need to use normal / old methods of attaching people outside of social media. Once you have the interest you can then get them to your Facebook page so you can collect more information from them and have a long term link to them.

So for instance if they saw you are an exhibition or on a advent then they would follow that through to your Facebook page and hopefully they would like your page or enter your competition. Social media does not in itself being people to your page. Of course if you start trending or when you get a large number of followers then social media does start working as a way of advertising and spreading the word.

Be very careful of Facebook adverts as we found they did nothing. A lot of people are very dubious as to how many people actually click on Facebook adverts. There are also a lot of companies promising you X number of likes for say £100 but in reality them are just paying for people in say China with 100’s of Facebook accounts to follow you. None of them will be real customers or interested parries. We know this from experience when our likes went up by 100 in the space of 2 minutes just as we were getting to a deadline for a campaign we paid for. When looking at the followers they were all completely different demographics to our buyers and all from far flung places.

I think you would be better off advertising through say leaflets, exhibitions, old style methods and then connecting/talking to your potential customers through Facebook.

danandem
    Free Member

Hi Woody – thank you so much for the info i really appreciate it. Im completely new to all this so its good to hear from someone who’s run one before. Im definitely going to put an ad in our local businesses booklet or something similar when the competition has finished instead of trying to push the Facebook thing so much!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@dandem – I am going to like the page so it gets more coverage but really I don’t want to win (please don’t be offended)

danandem
    Free Member

lol – im not offended 🙂 thank you for clicking on it though!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Help – my Facebook competition isn't doing very well!’ is closed to new replies.