• This topic has 107 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by G.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • help me……n korea bomb test…
  • ton

do america and us still have nuke bombs??

nickc

Yes

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yes.

ton

who else has them…

jam-bo

russia, pakistan, india.

french.

israel.

probably some more.

ton

why are n korea not allowed them then….

skidartist
    Free Member

wanna buy some?

bigsi
    Free Member

Because they are part of the axis of evil along with Tescos, Evans, France and The Isle of Wight 🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Because we are all white or honorary whiteys – they are untrustworthy brownies

geetee1972
    Free Member

Israel does not officially have them; there have always been strong suspicions but if it were ever more than simply conjecture, it would be a problem. China has them.

ton

i thought the bloke who made that up had left….

skidartist
    Free Member

Tesco Value WMD’s?

djglover
    Free Member

they eat dogs, and in western society the dog is sacred

geetee1972
    Free Member

Ton – do you really need someone to answer that question? I mean how naieve do you need to be to even ask it.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Isreal has around 200 nukes, many at their site at Dimona.

The hypocracy of Israel is that they bang on about Iran who HAVE signed a nuclear treaty and are legally allowed to have nuclear power stations.

Amercia is funding Israel’s illegal nuclear programme. It is illegal to fund nuclear weaponary of a country who has not signed the nuclear treaties.

But hey ho.

Brazil have nukes I think but I could be wrong.

ton

geetee1972
    not naieve just very uneducated on such worldly matters, so yes…

bigsi
    Free Member

ton – Member
    i thought the bloke who made that up had left….

Nope I’m still here,, oh sorry see what you mean 😳

project
    Free Member

In the next week or so the weather will change , totally from what it is now,all over the world.

Every tinme there is a large explosion or explosions the weather changes massively, wait and see.

WER`E ALL DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!1111

djglover
    Free Member

a quick trip to wikipedia can often avoid unnecessary embaracement.

geetee1972
    Free Member

From Wikipedia (OK not the best source for geopolitical information but easy to access)

Israel is widely believed to be the sixth country in the world to develop nuclear weapons[6] and to be one of four nuclear-armed countries not recognized as a Nuclear Weapons State by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), the others being India, Pakistan and North Korea.[7] International Atomic Energy Agency Director General Mohamed ElBaradei regards Israel as a state possessing nuclear weapons,[8] but Israel maintains a policy known as “nuclear ambiguity” (also known as “nuclear opacity”). Israel has never officially admitted to having nuclear weapons, instead repeating over the years that it would not be the first country to “introduce” nuclear weapons to the Middle East, leaving ambiguous whether it means it will not create or will not use the weapons.

nickc

Yes there is a measure of hypocrisy in all of this, but that’s not to say that a Military dictatorship ruling the most repressed country in the world that routinely threatens most of it’s near neighbours, and is officially still at war, having access to both missiles and the technology to produce bombs is a good or happy thing.

bigsi
    Free Member

project – Member
    In the next week or so the weather will change , totally from what it is now,all over the world.

Every tinme there is a large explosion or explosions the weather changes massively, wait and see.

Good, it pi$$ed down here today so better dig out the suncream for next weekend then 😀

ton

glover, never embarrassed , just eager to learn

simonralli2
    Free Member

a quick trip to wikipedia can often avoid unnecessary embaracement.

As will a quick trip to a dictionary 😀

RudeBoy
    Free Member

they eat dogs, and in western society the dog is sacred

And many people eat cows, yet in Hindu culture, the cow is sacred.

I don’t know enough about the North Korean regime to offer an in-depth onion on the subject (although I’m sure there’s some supercillious geeky STW tosser that is an ‘expert’), but the way I see it is:

NK thinks the USA might invade them, as they have after all been supporting SK for years, so arms itself with nukes to act as a deterrent.

The USA, UK and other countries have a nukeleer deterrent, ‘cos they are scared other countries might try and attack them.

Iran is developing nukeleer weapons, because it fears US invasion.

The USA are the only nation to ever use nukes against innocent civilians, in a war situation.

Hmmm…..

gonefishin
    Free Member

Why would an underground explosion cause a change in the weather?

I must admit that this does bring back memories of the first time they set off a Nuke. I was actually in the country at the time and got a bit drunk with the guides who were celebrating a momentous achievement, which to be fair on a technological level it was. The fact that they were skin and bone and people were starving throughout their country wasn’t something that was dwelt upon, or known about if I’m honest.

ton

fred, you have answered my Q.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Well, he gave Hans Blix the runaround for long enough, so to speak… 😉

nickc

The USA are the only nation to ever use nukes against innocent civilians, in a war situation.

There’s an argument that however horrific the nuclear (much easier to spell BTW) weapons were, they were the lesser of two evils. (ending the war quickly with a devastating display of superior technology, or the possibility of long and ultimately higher death toll of an invasion.) Not a decision to be taken lightly either way, but I understand your point.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nick – valid argument for the first bomb – the second was a different design and needed to be live tested so they dropped it anyway

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

just very uneducated on such worldly matters

That’s why you come on STW innit ?

btw for those who might doubt whether Israel has any nukes, the big give away was when they jailed this guy for 18 years for revealing to the world that Israel had nuclear weapons :

Mordechai Vanunu – a former technician on their nuclear weapons programme

nickc

TJ, my understanding was that Truman announced via radio that “If they do not now accept our terms, they may expect a rain of ruin from the air the likes of which has never been seen on this earth.”, and that the Japanese Govt did still not accept the Potsdam agreement to surrender and end the war, and hence the next bomb was dropped.

I understand that there were at least 6 other targets and bombs ready…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nick – sounds like you know more about it than me but my understanding is that the Japanese were still considering when the second bomb was dropped. It was only a day or two later IIRC?????

nickc

Hiroshima was on August 6th, Nagasaki (not the primary target) on the 9th, Japan surrendered on the 15th. Most of the diplomacy was being done covertly by the Russians (under US instruction) to try to get the Japanese to surrender.

I think the saddest aspect for me was that people that survived Hiroshima, were evacuated to Nagasaki…

EDIT: Forgot to mention; The Potsdam agreement was first presented to the Japanese Govt in late July.

Northwind

The irony is that north korea doesn’t really need them, their conventional weapons could inflict WMD casualties on the south without any need for nukes- Seoul’s too close to the border to be safe. But maybe they’ve asked themselves if ten million south korean civilian casualties are as much of a deterrant to the west as they should be.

Either way, we’ve given them good reasons for wanting nukes. The lesson of Iraq was obvious- make sure you have some WMDs or you might get stomped. And also, don’t count on your enemy being afraid of civilian casualties, as long as it’s not their civilians.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

TBH, the young South Koreans DESPISE with extreme viscerality the US troops stationed in Seoul. The old folk remember the war and the genuine benefits of US participation. Go to Itaewon after dark and observe the G.I’s interaction with Seoul’s youth. That’s where I saw the unedifying spectacle of aggro grunts line dancing to some weird hybrid of r’n’b and country’n’w.. The strobe was going to give me a seizure so I left. Watch the local youths watch the grunts manhandle the local female teens.

South Korea is more worried about dissent within than any gesture of the looney to the north.

konabunny
    Free Member

Amercia is funding Israel’s illegal nuclear programme.

Is it? I thought (from my mate’s dad who was in the South African military and spent a suspiciously long time in Israel) that the story was that Israel had hidden development of nuclear weapons from the US by co-operating with apartheid South Africa.

The briefest of google searches on this fails to bring up any reliable info on that, though, but plenty of stuff that has US law as requiring sanctions on any country that violates anti-proliferation treaties. (Not that that’s worked with India or Pakistan, apparently). 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

Yes there is a measure of hypocrisy in all of this, but that’s not to say that a Military dictatorship ruling the most repressed country in the world that routinely threatens most of it’s near neighbours, and is officially still at war, having access to both missiles and the technology to produce bombs is a good or happy thing.

Sounds a lot like America to me. I think the difference here is that America are our mates while Korea aren’t so it’s ok.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Kona – Israel is kept afloat by dosh from the USA – so indirectly at least USA is funding its nukes.

trailmonkey

Hiroshima was on August 6th, Nagasaki (not the primary target) on the 9th, Japan surrendered on the 15th. Most of the diplomacy was being done covertly by the Russians (under US instruction) to try to get the Japanese to surrender.

I think you’ll find that any diplomacy that you refer to, consisted of the Russians declaring war on Japan on 8th August 1945.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘help me……n korea bomb test…’ is closed to new replies.